Rhopalurus junceus

Hasek

Arachnopeon
Some strange things are happening. First, the male and female are mating. I'ts been going on for a couple of hours. I guess that isn't a problem. Second thing, two of the little ones are on father's back. Is that a problem? Will they move onto the mother?

Last edited:

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Guess it's never to soon to get some loving. Honestly I would be a little worried about the ones on dad's back, but there isn't much you can do about it. Could wait for them to get done and then tail him and spoon em off. What to do with them is the hard part, could place them near the mother and hope they make it back, or place them on her but only you can be the best judge on whether or not she will put up with that. Could try your hand at raising them yourself, in a simple cup with a moist paper towel (til 2i) and good humidity. If you go that route put a piece of bark in case they need it to molt.

Hasek

Arachnopeon
This morning they were both off dad's back. I found one of them on fake plant leaf and the other one I guess has found his way back onto the mother. I picked up the one from the leaf and put him in a cup with a piece of bark. We'll see how that goes.
BTW, I also found a spermatophore, so i guess the mating was successful.