• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Rhopalurus junceus

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was unpacking a dozen or so 2nd-3rd instars of these little guys today. One somehow ran up my forceps :? and on to my arm. He was actually pretty calm at first, i tried for two minutes to coax him back into the vial. I finally got him in, but right before entering the vial he tagged me 2-3 times, then quickly darted into the vial {D

My pain scale is a bit messed up. 1 being a bee sting and 10 being teeth getting knocked out or a stingray sting, this was about a 3. Waves of pain needles up my arm for 10 minutes. Localized pain for a few hours afterwards, left a nasty swollen welt on my arm.

Would hate to get tagged by an adult.

-adam-

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres the little son of a gun that got me {D

he will forever hold a special place in my heart

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Got stung by one of my 1" babies while rehousing them, near the wrist, at the bottom of the left thumb. There was no immediate pain, but a puncture mark was clearly visible. Redness and swelling began to appear. I am typing this 15 minutes after the sting, and by now the swelling and redness are both subsiding, and there has been no pain, except for a "pain-like" sensation that started approximately 30 or 40 seconds after the sting, and it subsided within a few minutes. All in all, an extremely mild experience. I'm sure venom was injected, due to the redness and swelling and very, very, very mild pain (0.05/10). It would be interesting to get tagged by a 4" adult.

tedork

Arachnopeon
just got stung by my 7i female r.junceus.. i quickly search for possible symptoms on this forum.. there was slight bleeding on the area that got stung... then 15 minutes after that stinging happened that area was sweating real bad.. there is also a little swelling on the area that got stung..

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Got tagged twice by a 2i junceas last night on top of my left hand by my wrist following the little guy/gal's escape while feeding. At first the site was itchy like a mosquito bite and started swelling like a bee sting. There was a little pressure and pain in my whole hand but didn't spread up my arm. I did however feel like my throat was swelling like getting stung by a honey bee ( I'm moderately allergic to them) overall pain and symptoms were very similar to a honey bee sting for me but didn't last long
I have to agree with Ryan as I would not want an adult tagging me if I reacted like that to a 2i :)