Rhinoceros Snake/Vietnamese Longnose Snake

Lady_Shadowlily

Arachnopeon
I was at the zoo today and saw an amazing snake, which I subsequently looked up and discovered is Rhynchophis boulengeri.

It is so freakin COOL!

Has anyone ever heard of these? I'm trying to find one online, but haven't had much luck...any advice on good places to look would be much appreciated!

Penna

Arachnopeon
I was at the zoo today and saw an amazing snake, which I subsequently looked up and discovered is Rhynchophis boulengeri.

It is so freakin COOL!

Has anyone ever heard of these? I'm trying to find one online, but haven't had much luck...any advice on good places to look would be much appreciated!
they are available on kingsnake classifieds sometimes as rhino rat snakes. and pretty pricey.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=64&de=486176

Last edited by a moderator:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

It is so freakin COOL!

Definately one of the most gorgeous snakes! I've seen them for sale sometimes on kingsnake as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arocknid

Arachnopeon
You might also like:

Ahaetulla nasuta
Philodryas baroni
Langaha madagascariensis

The pictures reminded me of P.Baroni in particular.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I do know they are available, but I don't remember where. Someone was selling them at the NRBA show last year in October.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard and read that these are very fragile snakes and must have it perfect, I would take that into consideration before purchasing them, not for beginner or intermidate snake keepers, these are expert only. Breeding is also extremely tough, and there are very few successful attempts.

Lady_Shadowlily

Arachnopeon
I have heard and read that these are very fragile snakes and must have it perfect, I would take that into consideration before purchasing them, not for beginner or intermidate snake keepers, these are expert only. Breeding is also extremely tough, and there are very few successful attempts.
Thanks, I'll definitely take that into consideration. That's strange, though--the little that I've found seems to contradict that. Several seemingly reliable sources say that they're fairly easy to keep (if not to breed). I did read that wild-caught specimens can be skittish and regurgitate their food if disturbed, but this site gives me the feeling that a well-raised captive specimen wouldn't be ridiculously challenging.

They're just so DAMN EXPENSIVE! :wall:

Lady_Shadowlily

Arachnopeon
You might also like:

Ahaetulla nasuta
Philodryas baroni
Langaha madagascariensis

The pictures reminded me of P.Baroni in particular.
Wow, those are all really cool too, thanks! P.Baroni does look REALLY similar, but I think it's venemous. :confused: Langaha madagascariensis is particularly neat-looking.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are bred in Europe atleast. A friend got a few, weird looking snakes for sure.