Revision of the Selenocosmiine Tarantula Genus Phlogiellus

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not sure if this has been posted. A search for Selen. did not come up with anything. It was out 3/2016

A Revision of the Selenocosmiine Tarantula Genus Phlogiellus Pocock 1897 (Araneae: Theraphosidae), with Description of 4 New Species

Authors: Steven C. Nunn,1 Rick C. West,2 and Volker Von Wirth3

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijz/2016/9895234/

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's just me or recently jumped out an helluva of revisions, name changes, genus moving and etc? Still my brain after all of those years fails, when in front of a 0.1 "cobalt blue" to "view" a C.lividum instead of an Haplopelma lividum.

Basically I'm a sort of crack addicted of T's old names :embarrassed:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's just me or recently jumped out an helluva of revisions, name changes, genus moving and etc? Still my brain after all of those years fails, when in front of a 0.1 "cobalt blue" to "view" a C.lividum instead of an Haplopelma lividum.

Basically I'm a sort of crack addicted of T's old names :embarrassed:
There's always taxon. changes IMO. However, there's going to be another revision coming out soon of another genus.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think it's a good thing that Australian tarantula are being described or revised. There is so much unknown about them.

@Chris LXXIX , don't worry, you'll catch up. And by the time you do, they'll be revised again :p

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
@viper69, thanks for the link, bookmarked it for reading later.
@Chris LXXIX, revisions are inevitable, go to the WSC and search for Cyriopagopus lividum/lividus. Not everyone is in agreement with the Haplopelma revision. All mine are still labelled Haplopelma, as with many long time breeder/sellers still list theirs as such on the web sites. When the BTS, ATS and WSC are in agreement with the revisions, I'll put on the new labels. Lol!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I was really hoping my Phlogius sp. "Black" was going to be described. Too much to hope for, I guess.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Chris LXXIX, revisions are inevitable, go to the WSC and search for Cyriopagopus lividum/lividus. Not everyone is in agreement with the Haplopelma revision. All mine are still labelled Haplopelma, as with many long time breeder/sellers still list theirs as such on the web sites. When the BTS, ATS and WSC are in agreement with the revisions, I'll put on the new labels. Lol!
I understand your point of course, just that like Ajax (James Remar in "The Warriors" movie) loved to say I'm in total: "Ah, F-Word that" :)

creepa

Arachnoknight
I think it's a good thing that Australian tarantula are being described or revised. There is so much unknown about them.
I was really hoping my Phlogius sp. "Black" was going to be described. Too much to hope for, I guess.
This paper is about the genus Phlochiellus not Phlogius.
This is an mostly Asian dwarf genus and not Australian.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Oh wow...I feel a bit dumb now...
I got confused because of the Selenocosmiine reference, I always mix that up with Selenotypus. thank you for correcting that!

creepa

Arachnoknight
Oh wow...I feel a bit dumb now...
I got confused because of the Selenocosmiine reference, I always mix that up with Selenotypus. thank you for correcting that!
No prob...!

I also misread it the first time...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah, I'm aware, but the species I brought up hasn't been formally described yet. Where it ends up, nobody knows ;)

creepa

Arachnoknight
Interesting article...!!

Quite a few significant transfers and name changes...