Reusing substrate from tarantula

glssr60

Arachnopeon
I recently sold my A. Geniculata. I had her in a 10 gallon tank with about 6 inches or so of substrate to keep her close to the top. Anyway she was only in that tank about two months. My question is, I use the same substrate for my boa constrictor and I wanted to reuse the substrate from the tarantula cage for the snake cage but I have some concerns whether leftover urticating hairs might cause a problem with the snake. The stuff is kind of expensive on my budget and I figured at the very least I could just scoop out the top inch or so and thought that would be adequate enough to eliminate most if not all of the hairs that might be residing there. I don't want to take any unnecessary risks to the snake's health if there are any. Any thioughts?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you were using the sub for another tarantula then it wouldn't be an issue but I wouldn't risk it with another animal.

glssr60

Arachnopeon
That was my way of thinking but I wanted to get another opinion before I just dump the substrate. I'm out of the "t" biz so I won't have any further use for it. Thank you for your input.

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
I'd far sooner dump the old sub and put in new, especially if there's webbing in there. Topsoil is dirt cheap (sorry lol).