reptile show tomorrow..

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh what do I want?
I am trying to decide if I want
the goliath pinktoe OR
the suntiger (p. imirnia?)....

I really want an orange bitey thing, but with the kids here, I better not...
YAY! the show is tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

are you going to the taylor show? if you don't mind me asking how far are you from there? i'm about 2 hours from taylor(i'm in lupton MI), i'd go for the P. irminia if i were you;) , i need to make it to one of the shows someday(but alas no car which sucks)--Jeff

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I was TERRIFIED when I got my first sling.... they're so teeny and fragile!!! I put mine in lucite boxes (3"x3"x3") with 1" of vermiculite which holds the water REALLY well. I also put in a LITTLE sponge (don't slam me guys!) which I rinse well every other day to KEEP IT CLEAN and moist. I also put in a cap from a 2 liter bottle, set it on it's side and dig it in a little, this is a great hidey hole. I have my sling boxes under the "heat lamp" (a regular light bulb about 2' away) and keep a thermometer near them... the temp is 80F-82F and they eat like pigs and grow like weeds!! Have fun with them, they dig the cutest little burrows... and if any of them are flickers, it's HILARIOUS to watch their little legs flick at 90 miles an hour!!!

Addiction?!?!? Since I don't do drugs or drink (well a few beers ONCE IN A WHILE!) I now have twenty Ts, two tattoos, and 15 piercings. Thank GOD I didn't get addicted to having children!! 2 are enough!!:D

P.S. You're in the right place... I have learned SO MUCH from the gang here... and you need to share your expierences too, so WE can learn from YOU!!=D

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
okay, i am putting mine in roughly 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" tupperware containers with holes poked in the top, no vials anymore.

i am SO paranoid, please help guys. i'll take pics of these but the holes are as big as the ones in the vials so i think it's okay.

also, how do i feed them crickets?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Teeny crickets are a pain in the B-U-T-T!!! Since I have 8 sling boxes, I put them all together, take off all the lids, and kinda "pass" the little cricket container over the whole thing. That way, 1 or 2 or 3 crix fall into each box.

Another idea, use the small plastic soda bottles, dried out, toss in a piece of fruit, and put the little crix in there. I you don't keep thousands at a time, this works the best as you can just turn the bottle and they sorta "line up" in the neck of the bottle.

OR, you can try one of my favorite things... freeze a larger cricket, thaw it to room temp, and put that in. Some will eat it... some won't. But it's SO much easier that those pesky LITTLE critters!!

Keep us posted on how your new babies are doing!!

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL..

Try handling the flightless fruit flies.

Those things are a pain in the *neck*

-Jason

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Never seen one... if they're flightless, why are they so hard to handle? Not being a smart-(_*_), I just have never seen them and am curious. If they're hard to handle... I'll stick with crix!!!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, my collection is at an odd number i think..

nine.that isnt right.,it has to be even. So, i will add to it tomorrow.

Flightless fruitflies are a royal pain. they get everywhere except where you want them to go...and at least a dozen come runnin out of the container at a time..and get squished by the sponge stopper.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh, then fer-get those ! I have ENOUGH trouble with 5 or 6 little crix coming out at once!!!
I guess that won't be an alternative food source for my guys... I like the nice, slow, worms!:D

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Take lots of money, honey.
The last show I went to, I spent about $250.00 easy.
No mon no fun. LOL=D

Ed

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Take lots of money, honey.
The last show I went to, I spent about $250.00 easy.
No mon no fun. LOL=D

Ed
I always spend a ton of money at the shows too. The more you take the better time you will have.=D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, I can't at this time.

Darn bills. Also my kids birthday...I am buying him a big-ticket item this month and I just don't have it for my very ownself...of course, it IS Mother's Day...ack! No, that won't work, I have to buy gifts for that, too.
I always end up spending more than I planned though. =D

The best part about the shows is this:
I live RIGHT near them...ten minutes drive. Maybe not even that much. And they happen EVERY MONTH.