Replace screen tops!

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Curious, I would have expected to do the same as you. However, why do you think Basin didn't need to do the approach you went with? I hope there's not a different US vs European design at issue here for their lids.
I took the screen out simply because its just a rubber strip holding it in (just like screen windows on a house) and i figured it would look better.
Seeing results w/the screen left in showed me basically 0 cosmetic appeal either way so I plan to try an skip that on my next one an see how it comes out. Its also possible there are subtle differences in design too i suppose and also brand (ZooMed, exoterra, etc).

We shall see

basin79

ArachnoGod
The last 2 large lids done. The one on the left is flipped the right way.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Thanks this is the way going forward for me due to my needs, excellent.
No worries. At the end of the day we're all here because of our love of T's. And if we can help keep them safe or prevent accidents it's a good thing.

I'm massively grateful that this thread was made. If I hadn't seen the picture I wouldn't have modified my lids.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'll have to take a shot or two of mine when I can. I took the whole top out and just used a thicker piece of acrylic to replace it. I cut it to the same size as the screen lid and the hold downs held the acrylic in place. Then you just hold onto the old screen lid in case you want to house something else in there later.

I can't remember which enclosure it was but I think it was a eco terra one.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll have to take a shot or two of mine when I can. I took the whole top out and just used a thicker piece of acrylic to replace it. I cut it to the same size as the screen lid and the hold downs held the acrylic in place. Then you just hold onto the old screen lid in case you want to house something else in there later.

Yep I thought of that as well, storing the original lid. But I wasn't sure what I could use to hold the lid down. I didn't want to books etc on top. The reason I like Exo's for Ts is they give you 2 points of access, which I think is pretty useful esp for OWs like Poki. I always like more access points w/Poki's than fewer for obvious reasons.

Look forward to the pic

basin79

ArachnoGod

That wouldn't work with one of mine. It's the older version with vertical clips instead of the horizontal half moon clips.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That wouldn't work with one of mine. It's the older version with vertical clips instead of the horizontal half moon clips.
Ahh yeah. Mine had a nice lip for the acrylic to rest on and the half moon clips that turned to hold the lid in place.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ExoTerra doesn't sell lids for their herp tanks in the USA to my knowledge, nor have it I seen it as a product on their site.
You can get replacement Exo terra lids from a few places online here in the USA, but only for the current style ones with the twist tabs. Big Apple Herp, LLL Reptile, and a few others sell them. You can also order replacement glass front doors, too.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can get replacement Exo terra lids from a few places online here in the USA, but only for the current style ones with the twist tabs. Big Apple Herp, LLL Reptile, and a few others sell them. You can also order replacement glass front doors, too.
This I didn't know, esp the glass doors! Yeah, I have the first generation, where the lid clips down into the frame.