remodeling

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My g. pulchra has spent the day carrying the substrate from one side of her tank to the other...in great big mounds. She has built a wall around her water dish. I don't know what she is trying to say, unless she is building a dam of some sort. She hasnt put any dirt INSIDE the water, just all the way around it. Now it is taller than her. Looks like she built a water volcano.
And on a sad note, I had to miss the reptile show today.My kid had his final basketball game of the year. Bummer.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd love to see a picture of that. Sounds neat.
I don't know what it means either. But I still don't know why Eden's Rosie. Moonbeam has a pet rock either.

Sorry to hear you missed the show. I wish they had a few shows like that in Baltimore.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
im lucky..

the show is right by my house, and its once a month...but...it has its drawbacks. It gives me more access to GET more when i don't NEED more. :p
My parahairybanana molted last night..and is HUGE for a juvie. I cant believe THAT T came out of that skin. Sure do hope it is a female, but not as badly as I hope that my "slower-than-molasses" b. smithi is a female. that will really stink to grow that thing up and lose it shortly after maturity. Heck, I would be retired before another one would mature.
My little girl has named it "Dorothy". This is because we have gone thru approximately 8 goldfish named Dorothy (after Elmo's World) and I am a known goldfish murderer. Dont know why, but I am....so instead of having a goldfish like Elmo does, she has decided the baby T could be her Dorothy.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates on the clean molt. And I'm Always shocked at the size of the spiders that come out of the skins.
It just amazes me and facinated the twins to no end.

Aaaw. Ya know. I never was to great with fish either.... LOL
That's how the twins are with names. If it doesn't pop into their head they pick a name from a favorite show.
Willy was named because Eden Loves Orca whales as well as T's. Her favorite movie is Free Willy.
So that Parybanananutbug was dubbed Willy. She said she Looks like she should be named Willy. Who am I to argue?
I wish they had shows That close to me.
I'd be up to my round behind in T's if I could find more I could afford. LOL.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you know...

When you order from Kelly Swift, not only is he wonderful with details and packing, but he always sends a freebie....lol...the excitement of that alone drove us crazy...wondering what he would be sending.
Do you have any shows at all near? Maybe you coudl take the kids to one that wasnt too far, and they may well enjoy it more than a trip to a toystore. :) Maybe. I am still working on that here.
My son is fasinated with his G. pulchra. Which is what started the whole T thing here, and me posting at this forum....getting my boyfriend to say "Yes". Such wonderful people here at this forum. Now I am hooked. My son keeps his g. pulchra on a shelf below his dads picture, and I just know that man, where-ever his spirit may be now, must be very proud. lol.
What I need is either some Tarantula miracle grow cricket duster, or a way to get micro crickets to feed the babies with. I have the vial that Swifty sent with my slings but these guys are eating machines. I need more. The hairyparybanana eats regular crickets but the others need micro sized. The petstores around here dont sell them that small.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I ran out of micros for my babies and we were snowed in. I got the smallest crickets I could out of the bunch I had and cracked their heads..
Tossed them in.
The little ones gobbled them up in no time.
I found that freezing a cricket makes it easier to chop them up too. I've heard some Great things about Swifts amd I would Love to order. But at the time I can Just manage to save for one at a time. And the S+H would Kill me for one T.I Am saving to get a bunch at a time hopefuly in the near future. That will balance out the S+H in my poor old head.

I don't know where to Look for shows around this area. They just don't happen as far as I know and it's making me nuts. The twins would love it Alot more then the toy store no doubt at all.

I'm going stir crazy wanting to get back in the workforce. But my husband can't handle things like dealing with the twins insane schedual. He's come a long way since his accident but it's taken it's toll.

So. I take it a day at a time.
:)

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks rapunzel. :)

Thats about,, 45 minuts from my house. Not to bad. :)

Thanks alot. I'm going to call about it and see if I can get the twins there. :D

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: im lucky..

Originally posted by dennie
Your WHAT?

Dennis
LOL, rapunzel is like me, takes creative liberties with names. :D

How about some of the twins pronunciations. :D

Phonypeelmoms = Aphonopelma
Abycanries = Avicularia
Chilybritches = Chilobrachys
Grannystrolers = Grammostola
Laso Parynana = Lasidora parahybana
Handy colorthingy = Nhandu coloratovillosum
Slampoos comebridge = Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Also known as the Chevy Vroom Vrooms)
Turnchilly marything = Pterinochilus murinus
Blondis are Blondis.....
And the list goes on and on and on..
:D :D :D :D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Re: im lucky..

Originally posted by dennie
Your WHAT?

Dennis
LOL! Come on, now, It is so much more than just a " Lasidora parahybana'...ITS A PARAHAIRYBANANA. Especially now that it has molted. It really is hairy now. Just think, if I get another one, then I really WILL have a "pairahairybananas". =D

Kim

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: im lucky..

Originally posted by Nixy
LOL, rapunzel is like me, takes creative liberties with names. :D

How about some of the twins pronunciations. :D

Phonypeelmoms = Aphonopelma
Abycanries = Avicularia
Chilybritches = Chilobrachys
Grannystrolers = Grammostola
Laso Parynana = Lasidora parahybana
Handy colorthingy = Nhandu coloratovillosum
Slampoos comebridge = Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Also known as the Chevy Vroom Vrooms)
Turnchilly marything = Pterinochilus murinus
Blondis are Blondis.....
And the list goes on and on and on..
:D :D :D :D

How cute. I call my Grammastola rosea....Gramma stole a rose..:rolleyes:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks LPacker79 will check it out.

:)

Spider_savior I guess no matter how much I learn 20 years from know "expert" T collectors will look at me like I'm a dolt. For I shall still be saying "Those thingamajigs at the end of their whatsits" and "Oh Look at that pertiful spazmadelic pop top!"