rehousing revisited

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
this little cutie was MUCH easier then P formosa LOL!
Shelby got to help with her...what a sweet little T!
We just love versis!!!!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
finally

in her new improved, Rubbermaid container :)

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats so cute ! And Shelby too ! It sooooo cool to see a little girl NOT afraid of spiders like I was when I was little !!

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Who can resist the charm and beauty of a sweet little versicolor!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
awww...

that is a cutee Tarantula And shelby is soo cute as well! I cant believe she holds the T's! Does she have her own little collection too Holley? I cant even hold a Tarantula! Great Pics Holley!

James

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks all :)
Yes, some of the Ts are Shelby's. We mostly share, but she has a few that are only hers. She NEVER handles them on her own though.

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big is that versi? Our versi sling is about to molt and I can't wait to see how pretty its colors will be!

Your daughter is a cutie and it's good to see that she is comfortable around spiders. My daughter's are very curious, but they aren't mature enough to handle any just yet.

Bridget

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Bridget,
the versi is approx 2", maybe a little under. She is almost at that inbetween sling and adult coloration, I love the way they change at almost every molt!

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holley,
great pics as usual. And what a beautiful daughter you have. How many versi's do you have? We have 2. One we got when she was only about a half-inch, and now she is at least 2. It is fun to watch the slings grow. Pam

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks Pam!
we have an adult female that we are babysitting, a adult colored, almost grown juvenile, the small juve shown, and a 1" sling.
So we have them at every size! I had 2 more, but gave them to a friend, which I almost regret now!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
this little cutie was MUCH easier then P formosa LOL!
Shelby got to help with her...what a sweet little T!
We just love versis!!!!
IMO, this picture would make an outstanding poster for promoting the tarantula-keeping hobby! It's a toss-up as to whether the child or spider is most beautiful and appealing.

Joy

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holley, your little girl is simply addorable. I have a 5 year old named Hope and she is like Shelby and not afraid to hold nothing. She even holds Pam's hissing cockroaches. As for my versi she thinks she is a bird and flys so we don't hold her anymore because I would kill someone if she got lost. I have to watch my 17 year old son, he likes to mess with my T's and I tell him to stop before he drops one.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my goodness, I am blushing!
I won't tell Shelby, she would either be embarrased, or most likely say 'I know' !!! LOL!
For a candid photo, I must say, it turned out perfectly. I love the way she is not looking at the camera, she is doing what she is supposed to, paying attention to what she is doing, and watching the spider. She is a great pupil!
This was right after the P formosa incident. I was almost surprised that she wasn't worried that the versi might take a leap onto her shoulder, or into her hair. She's a fairly gutsy little girl!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is your Versi skittish? I got an Avic. Avic. the other day and the little guy (er..Girl..Gotta be optimistic.) is nearly impossible to hold it's so fast..

Cute little thing, though.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Nick, IME, all Avicularia spp at that size are quite skittish. they love to launch themselves, sometimes more than a foot. It's easier to handle them if prepared for this eventuality. Not foolproof however! We don't handle them at that size, except for rehousing since it would be too easy to lose or hurt them.
Shelby is VERY good at following instructions, and remaining calm.
That's really the key.