Rehouse?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
My 1.5” versi has constructed a web canopy across almost the entire top inch or so of her inverted Amac box, covering a large portion of the upper side and top ventilation holes.

Should I rehouse her into a new Amac box with better distributed leaves to discourage the canopy building (meaning over the vent holes), and add more side vents in case she goes for a repeat performance anyway? Or do you think the bottom holes and remaining top holes are sufficient ventilation?

(In the top view pic, the non webbed space in the back is where her cork bark is attached to the back wall).

Attachments

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No!

why the hell would you discourage natural behavior esp in an ARBOREAL animal???

Read about the animal you own, its life depends on you.

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't, that enclosure looks like the right size and if she's webbing it up in there its a good thing. The webbing over the ventilation holes shouldn't be a problem because it doesn't completely seal them up, air can still get through them.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I have read up, man. That's why I'm asking about the ventilation...... My question was about her webbing her canopy over the ventilation holes, not her building the canopy. I'll be more clear in the future (edited original for clarity).

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No need to rehouse! Ventilation is still happening

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have read up, man. That's why I'm asking about the ventilation...... My question was about her webbing her canopy over the ventilation holes, not her building the canopy. I'll be more clear in the future (edited original for clarity).
webbing is not air tight-I let all my Avics do as they please for years upon years of closed holes

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you all for your replies. With all the talk about Avics suddenly dying from poor ventilation, I got spooked. I am more than happy to leave her be, knowing now it won’t cause stagnant air.