Rehouse for escaped super worms ?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah 2 days ago foolishly I tried feeding a spider l difficilis sitting in the Back of its enclosure.
Guess it wasn’t hungry but ℹ couldn’t find the supers with the tongs so 2 escaped . I know I probably should’ve injured the supers before hand epic fail.
even weirder I just put it in this enclosure .. only signs of premolt ..is refusing to eat . No dark abdomen or id already removed it and not asked anything .
19211890-C674-4470-B611-217A57D53D7A.jpeg 2FA427EE-4AE6-44AA-9CF8-38DA5D79D777.jpeg EF51DE2E-FDD9-432A-8825-194BE1A7186F.jpeg

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
👎🏽
Remove them 😉
Good thing I got that temporary tank for the klugi which is empty now , I can use it for this spider. these worms are going to be a pain to hunt down but not impossible!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
👎🏽
Remove them 😉
I got one out but the other one cannot be found I dug the entire container. Unfortunately this one has peat moss base layer I can’t dig anymore it’s shooting urticating hairs all over my arms . O well I’ll just rehouse it and leave this tank empty for a while ?
My arms itch so bad I even wore gloves to protect my hands but that didn’t work for the peat moss flying all over . I’ll just take some allergy pills and call it a day for now . Decide if I should even try removing the second worm .. or just let the tank sit unused for a while . Prob the latter ..
Funny it’s the only tank with Pete moss in it.. :rofl: ouch itches like hell.. I gotta wear the longer gloves next time short ones failed .

Attachments

Last edited:

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I got one out but the other one cannot be found I dug the entire container. Unfortunately this one has peat moss base layer I can’t dig anymore it’s shooting urticating hairs all over my arms . O well I’ll just rehouse it and leave this tank empty for a while ?
My arms itch so bad I even wore gloves to protect my hands but that didn’t work for the peat moss flying all over . I’ll just take some allergy pills and call it a day for now . Decide if I should even try removing the second worm .. or just let the tank sit unused for a while . Prob the latter ..
Funny it’s the only tank with Pete moss in it.. :rofl: ouch itches like hell.. I gotta wear the longer gloves next time short ones failed .
What an utter load of crap.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What an utter load of crap.
I’m alergic to the hairs , I didn’t realize this tank had peat moss In it . I’d been fine with any other susbstrate. It feels like needles and fire on the red rash it makes but it just itches the day after . I’m fine today besides the itching . gotta wear more ppe next time.
The spider won’t leave the Catch cup , been sitting in it all night it seems.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m Considering keeping it in this enclosure til it’s bigger is that better then it’s previous tank? 10 gal just seems massive . It’s settled down fine , tried climbing when I first put it in here it kept sliding off the plastic couldn’t climb at all,. It gave up luckily.. :D

Attachments

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Well glad you are doing better. Lessons learned. Chances are that the stray superworm will mature and die, if it isn’t already dead. Not sure how long they live or if they can climb glass.

good luck to you.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Well glad you are doing better. Lessons learned. Chances are that the stray superworm will mature and die, if it isn’t already dead. Not sure how long they live or if they can climb glass.

good luck to you.
Yeah I tried feeding it the other super that caused the rehouse . No luck guess this spider is just not hungry lol :rofl: Worm couldn’t run away this time I got it with the tongs. IMG_1875.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Seeing signs of webbing, and it’s settled down not Wandering . Seems happier in this smaller kk tank than the 10gal. No signs of the second super worm that caused this rehouse-in the 10 gal sitting vacant prob won’t catch it . Look good ?

Attachments

Last edited: