redecorated enclosures *pics*

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I got some ashlar from my work today, and decided to decorate my spiders enclosures with it (that's actually why I took it with me). I don't know if it's good for T's to have rocks in their enclosures. Their hides are made out of the rocks, so I'm kinda affraid of the T messing it up, and let the whole thing collapse...

Anyway, I'd like to share some pics with you. I read that a lot of ppl dont have very fast connections, so I will just put a link to the images, so you can decide to see them or not.

My Brachypelma boehmei's enclosure
Brachypelma boehmei checking it out
I just love his little bald butt :D

Cyclosternum fasciatus checking out his new hide

Psalmopeus cambridgei not wanting to see it...
You can see him hiding behind the log on the right.

The hides look pretty stable, so I guess I shouldn't worry. As for the P. cambridgei enclosure, I really like how it looks now.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dennis

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
looks nice,but to me those rocks look heavy and i could just imagine somone or somthing bumping the tanks and if the t was under that hide it would be an awful thing its always better to be safe than sorry id hate to have to wake up in the morning to see that somehow the rock collapsed and one of my t's dead,just my oppinion,take care jason

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow!!!! they DO look heavy!!!!! I totally agree with bodc21
Maybe one in each enclosure would be nice, but such formations are not met in nature, are they??? (they remind me those things Obelix makes :p )

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They do look nice. But Very heavey.
Maybe redo them with some hot glue and or two part apoxy?
Youd have to do the assembly with the epoxy Outside their habitat and let the fumes disipate.
But an onz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Besides, I will never be able to forgive myself when I find one of my t's dead underneath a big piece of rock... I will keep the thingy's in my P. cambridgei enclosure, it looks too cool to remove, and there aren't any big risks involved for the spider itself.

Dennis

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe add a slab Flat opr tilted along the substrat for them to climb on?
You can have your decorations and the T will be safe.
I know the twins Love to decorate their T houses.

I'll post the kritter keepers the twins decorated for their next couple of juvies they get.

This one is Eden's.

She wants an A. Metalica to put in it....

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And this one Faith did up for a young P.irminia... which is next on Her wish list...

Attachments

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
The rocks look nice but....................................

I would glue them in some way, better to be safe.