'Red Hot' Amazons...

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome!:clap: simply awesome i love atbs, i had many colored ones in the past,but man! never like any of those! those are smokin:drool: i have emeralds,chondros now,but i'll tell ya looking at those amazons,makes me want to get back into them:worship:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very cool man.thanks for sharing and congrats on producing such nice babies there hehe

Ghi Reptiles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks...it was a complete shock when I first saw them (the candycane litter which includes the blacks) at about 4:00 in the morning. Here are pics of some of them the morning they were born here...you can see how some of them have changed! The animals in the very first picture in the thread are the two that are in the water dish below...the amount of color and pattern they have gained is amazing.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Very nice snakes. I am also stunned by the black ones -- fantastic. As for the reds etc., my wife loves them but give me my grey phases any day.

Which brings me to my question. I have had a grey phase "male" for about five years now and, despite being one of my favourite snakes of all time, I have neglected to pick up a mate for him. Well, I fixed that last week and now have two supposed females that seem to be eating well. One in particular is beautiful (albeit grey and brown). Anyhow, how do you go about sexing these guys? If the answer is probing, what are the approximate depths for the two sexes?

Cheers,
Dave

Ghi Reptiles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Dave,

Probing is pretty easy with females probing a depth of 2 - 7 scales (in my experience) and males all the way down. If they are fiesty you can also pick them up and hold tight and males will usually push out their hemipenes when they start to flail around. Lets see some pics of them when you get a chance!

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
atb sure have some striking colour morph like eyelash vipers, those red eyes look intense

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
great, now i want more snakes as well...:wall: :drool:

congrats on the beautiful babies!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
crap lousy!

that black devil REALLY just screwed up my plan to only get a single snake. though... something like that *would* be One Snake material

they are all lovely... but that black one... with those eyes... ferocious!

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've seen pics of your critters on some of the snake forums , but i always am stunned by the awesome colors of them . the more i see your beautiful amazons the more i want to get into them .

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Absolutely mind blowing! These are truly the snakes of the future! Right next to the black eyed leucy ball and dwarf tiger albino retic. Keep up the amazing work. ~ Rex

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
whopeee - we just found us a new, bigger appartment. so where can i get those? {D

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Simply Amazing!!!

Words can't describe how beautiful those precious creatures are! I am aww struck :clap: :worship: :clap: :worship: