Received my male crawshayi today, got a Q.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm about 100% sure it is male but what is ya'lls opinions?

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say male , from the thickness of the rear legs, the female has a much thicker set in comparison with the others. Also the epiandrous fusillae suggests male.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd say male as well.

and yes - how did you get it to hold still, did you tell him it's a casting??? maybe it's female after all... ;)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm gonna say female because males usually have a thick black half a circle above the top book lungs in the middle

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
male

i have kept juvie males probably at that size before. They are easy to Vent Sex than others IMO

ballpython2 do you not see what you just described? 1/2 thick circle between booklungs? and it doesnt have to be black.

also, Austin you will notice males never attain thick leg IV's in their lives, another key for this species

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm gonna say female because males usually have a thick black half a circle above the top book lungs in the middle
What you just decribed is present on this T........as mentioned it does not have to be a black circle. Its just a dense patch of hair normally in that shape or slightly varied from species to species. With some species the circle can be quite light.

Attachments

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you everyone! Looking forwad to breeding my two large females when he matures. That is, if they don't kill him immidiately. I got such a good shot b/c he was gripping my freaking finger and wouldnt let go, plus my finger was gripping a long sharpe. ;) I tried picking him up several times to get the vertal view of him for myself, but that SOB is crazy. I love him! haha Thanks again everyone!!!

Austin