Received my 1st t today. A geniculata 3/4inch sling.

BassCatPIV

Arachnosquire
Opened up the package and put him in a temporary home. I was a little nervous about unwrapping the paper but I did fine. Should I try feeding him tonight or should I wait a day or two?

Attachments

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My Acanthoscurria geniculata doesn't let anything spoil her appetite - even rehousing. And that tyke looks a bit thin.
There would be nothing wrong with putting a pre-killed prey item in for them now. They might eat it and they might not. My money is on them eating it.

BassCatPIV

Arachnosquire
I'll throw a killed cricket in later. I have 1 inch crickets. Should I give him about a third of the cricket?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
typically it takes a day or 2, all the more so since it was shipped. It is probably a wee bit stressed

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
You also don’t know exactly when it last molted. Most sellers won’t ship til hardened but you never know. Congrats though. Now start planning for the next 1 then 2,3....
That’s how it usually ends up

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
My Acanthoscurria geniculata doesn't let anything spoil her appetite - even rehousing. And that tyke looks a bit thin.
There would be nothing wrong with putting a pre-killed prey item in for them now. They might eat it and they might not. My money is on them eating it.
lol... My white knee's at 1/4 of an inch tackle crickets nearing an inch. I got 7 of them.. dead prey? not a chance, bet my house this sucker at 3/4 of inch can smack crickets 1by1

BassCatPIV

Arachnosquire
Update. He ate the cricket last night. Should I put another one in today or should I wait a few days?

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I would give it a few days.....great animal,have fun.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
wait a few days. Pick 2 days a week, that is typically enough unless you are trying to load

Royalty

Arachnoknight
If my T doesn't seem skittish, I feed first day. My OBT I fed first day, my p.metallica I waited a couple of days.

Buffalo Ts

Arachnoknight
Opened up the package and put him in a temporary home. I was a little nervous about unwrapping the paper but I did fine. Should I try feeding him tonight or should I wait a day or two?
My geniculata rarely refuses a meal. Larger prey items don't seem to bother this species. Personally, I dont have an issue offering it food. If it doesn't take down the cricket in 10 minutes, I'd remove it.

You can place a prekilled Cricket in overnight, and remove it in the morning if it doesn't want it. This way a live feeder doesn't stress it, if the T needs to get acclimated.

Of all my Ts this one is the most entertaining individuals. I wouldn't DARE put my fingers anywhere near this one. It attacks ANYTHING within it's radius! It doesn't discriminate!