Rearing environment

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A centipede farm year of production is around 10 million, but will only occur 10 recessive gene, and this kind of color in the natural environment is basically see.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Albinoism is not a "colorform". It is a recessive genetic trait.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, lingonlei, what do people do with all those pedes there? I've heard of the fish bait idea, but what else? Are they dried and then people eat them?

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't see any signs of breeding. That just looks like a bunch of stockpiled pedes. Where are the breeding and young rearing enclosures?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmmm, I wonder if there is just a Chinese to English translation thing going on here when it comes to using some words, ...like "farm".

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, lingonlei, what do people do with all those pedes there? I've heard of the fish bait idea, but what else? Are they dried and then people eat them?
Yes, it is as a result of drinking boiled soup person, can treat many diseases, such as snake bites.

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't see any signs of breeding. That just looks like a bunch of stockpiled pedes. Where are the breeding and young rearing enclosures?
Sorry, I really don't know what should use words to express: people raised the centipede.

But the centipede is really farmers themselves feeding and breeding.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry, I really don't know what should use words to express: people raised the centipede.

But the centipede is really farmers themselves feeding and breeding.
Do the farmers capture the centipedes from the wild and bring them to the farm or do they reproduce them there? If they reproduce them there where do they raise the babies?

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting.

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do the farmers capture the centipedes from the wild and bring them to the farm or do they reproduce them there? If they reproduce them there where do they raise the babies?

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting.
Farmers in the field to capture the centipede, after a farm raised their ecological environment construction, the centipede in this environment, mating, reproductive growth.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It sounds like a piece of property is made to be "centipede friendly" so many stay on the property and breed?, then they collect them from the property? If that's it, I guess it would be a centipede farm(?), I'm still not sure how it works though. So do people eat centipede soup for the taste and not only to treat a disease? Thanks for posting those pics, that's a lot of pedes!!

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It sounds like a piece of property is made to be "centipede friendly" so many stay on the property and breed?, then they collect them from the property? If that's it, I guess it would be a centipede farm(?), I'm still not sure how it works though. So do people eat centipede soup for the taste and not only to treat a disease? Thanks for posting those pics, that's a lot of pedes!!
Maybe I have a problem, the expression is usually make medicine mechapedes to use. Medicine is generally need soluble in water, so I'll say soup.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, no problem. I wish I knew more than one language like you do. That was interesting info, thanks.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmmm, I wonder if there is just a Chinese to English translation thing going on here when it comes to using some words, ...like "farm".
Uh, no. The character "farm" in the Chinese language means "farm" in English.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm curious, what's the Chinese word for "farm" in Chinese, hard to to without audio I guess. I was wondering if the Chinese word for it includes taking care of animals and not just raising and reproducing them. There is a problem with translations sometimes when that's the case, not that it's the case here though.

Last edited:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm curious, what's the Chinese word for "farm" in Chinese, hard to to without audio I guess. I was wondering if the Chinese word for it includes taking care of animals and not just raising and reproducing them. There is a problem with translations sometimes when that's the case, not that it's the case here though.
Haha to be honest I've pretty much forgotten. Though I do know "farming" in Chinese also means "cultivation", so yes, the pedes are being bred and raised on the farms, not caught and simply stored there.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So is some land set up for that species somehow, so they prefer to be there and breed? I think this is what most people are wondering.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So is some land set up for that species somehow, so they prefer to be there and breed? I think this is what most people are wondering.
I've no idea. But I think what people tend to forget is that this is a very communal species. Given the massive number of generations in which these centipedes have been in constant contact with one another, maybe they have "learned", genetically, not to eat each other's eggs, in order to sustain their own numbers (just throwing out a hypothesis here, genetics experts, don't blast me)? I will be testing this theory if one of mine lays eggs. I'll leave her in the communal enclosure with 5 other centipedes and I'll see what happens.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
since i ve tested it already, i can tell you for sure those farms dont work.

I used 6 pedes of mine in a 35x35 space. (lots of hides - lots of food)
2 laid eggs in slightly different time periods.
1 ate the eggs , 1 was eaten along with the eggs by the other.

I now reduced the number but i dont expect any better.

These farms have like 50 pedes per square meter, its impossible to breed and lay eggs without getting eaten. And i doubt chinese even feed them properly.