Rearing environment

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did some scientist did a gene research to prove that?
OR its just one of those "names" that go freely by the keepers?
OR you saw the pede changing color while in the terrarium? {D
To me its just a colorform like all heros colorforms, subspinipes etc.

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did some scientist did a gene research to prove that?
OR its just one of those "names" that go freely by the keepers?
OR you saw the pede changing color while in the terrarium? {D
To me its just a colorform like all heros colorforms, subspinipes etc.
No expert research, s. subspinipes mutilans in China has been raised, as of the centipede is in the hundreds of thousands of s. subspinipes mutilans selected color variation of individuals.
So whether gene mutation can call?

Below I will provide you a few photos of fifty centipede farms:

Color variation s. subspinipes mutilans photo:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That pic makes me hungry. I'm betting the pede is legit. The pede would naturally occur in the hands that use the sp for something better in their own minds.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there is no such thing as farms.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for pedes to breed and have eggs and babies in a population of hundreds or thousands and not get eaten.

People harvest mutilans from nature and they throw em all together and feed them till they are ready to move them for consuming.

Thus the colorvariation occured in nature and moved to those "farms" when collecting and since the population is so much smaller, it seemed like it happened there.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, well, what's going on here? What's the diff between a color-form and "rarity"? It looks like a rare color-form(?) maybe? So what do you think?

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, well, what's going on here? What's the diff between a color-form and "rarity"? It looks like a rare color-form(?) maybe? So what do you think?
i cant understand what you are asking :confused:
rarity? :confused:

if by rarity you mean something that occurs once or is a strange mutation like 2 headed snakes, then i think this is not the case.
Because 2 headed snakes dont produce 2 headed babies.

My opinion is that its a colorform of a specie, like the heros you got :)
Just more rare and some may think it occurs by mutation. But i ve seen lots of white mutilans and the chances are its rather a variant.

Unless ofc someone breeds normal mutilansxnormal mutilans and produces white ones...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmm, well maybe it's more common than I know. I don't know what's really going on with that species. The poster seems to be trying to point out that it's a rare color form:? Are they right or not?.. I don't know but it seems they think they are right going by the images, with all the pede-jerky pics and no other light form ....but I will keep listening to other info.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah its a kinda rare colorform.

What i am trying to point out and was my initial disagreement is this:

"(CB gene mutation)"

thats false and misleading.

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Although I do not clearly understand your meaning,S.subspinipes mutilans in China is a kind of medical herbs, so it was raised numerous.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh, OK, I think I see. I think it's kind of gray, the line between mutation and form. I agree that the word "mutation" should not be thrown around carelessly. But at what point does "form" cross over to "mutation"? ...when there is no other? or only a few? ...compared to the norm?

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, OK, I think I see. I think it's kind of gray, the line between mutation and form. I agree that the word "mutation" should not be thrown around carelessly. But at what point does "form" cross over to "mutation"? ...when there is no other? or only a few? ...compared to the norm?

The centipede few in number, it besides color changes, disposition also became more violent.

Look at this:http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=145137

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My connection with the web was messing up. Anyway, I think there is something going on here that we still haven't fully understood yet. We label words with words and categorize but I think we should keep an open mind beyond the rules others have suggested, not that they are wrong or right but, it looks like there is more to discover, ....maybe always:confused: .

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just looked at your other pics, diff pedes. Maybe just extremes like african and anglo people, not mutations but only diff in physical "characteristics".

lingonlei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just looked at your other pics, diff pedes. Maybe just extremes like african and anglo people, not mutations but only diff in physical "characteristics".
Is the recessive genes?
This color is very little chance of (probably was one in a million),
So we always think this is gene variants.

Now I think it might be a recessive gene.
But it is undeniable that they really quite rare, even in Asia.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Statistics would show if it's rare or not, maybe it is. Interesting breeding project maybe:clap: ?