Really kewl prophecy.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In Revelation, chapter 9, verses 3-6, John describes the apocalypse in which giant creatures described as scorpians walk around for 2 months stinging anybody "without the mark of God upon their forehead". for 2 months, "men will seek death, but death will flee from them".

That's why arachnids are superior. isn't that awesome?!?! {D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah...this should at the very least be in the scorpion forum.

hcsk8ter

Arachnopeon
10 plagues of Exodus 7-11 are more impressive in my opinion. But what is the point of this. Probably better to avoid references to religious books anyway.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Direct from the Bible:

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpians of the earth have power. 4 And it was sommanded them that they whould not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months (oops, i said 2, earlier, didn't I?); and their torment was as the torment of of a scorpian when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
I know it says locusts, but my pastor says it will be new creatures mainly like scorpions...

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I know it says locusts, but my pastor says it will be new creatures mainly like scorpions...
and why does he think that? :? last i checked A) locusts are still around and B) God could make flying slugs if it wanted to, so why not stick to the locusts instead of once more making a contradiction out of the Bible?

oh...btw...scorpions have been around since at least, if not BEFORE locusts...so how would they be "new" creatures? :? Sounds like your pastor is quite the confused one ;)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Thread Moved

I moved the thread to the Scorpion Forum as it deals with scorpions...sort of. This borders on WH material but I thought maybe it could stay more 'sane' in the Scorpion Forum.

Keep it this all nice and fuzzy please everyone.

John
Arachnoboards
];')

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Direct from the Bible:
On another note...I believe Scorpions and their kind are a far older invertebrate family than locusts are. Scorpions and their kind have been around for 400 million years or so. I believe locusts and other insects are a younger group.

John
];')

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorpions and their kind have been around for 400 million years or so.
Dang! And here I am thinking all life was created only 4000 years or so ago...yeesh, I dunno.

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well the bible says something in revelations,about the end times,that there will be a creature like a locust but with a sting of a scorpion,not saying a scorpion or even a locusts like thing withh a scorpion tail,it might just mean its poisoness,spelling. not sure what exctly it says,i havnt read a bible in along time.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
The full description of the creatures is rather odd, if one reads on
Revelations 9:7-10 said:
7 The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle. 10 They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months.
While to see these things in life would be interesting, I come from the school that the book of Revelations is symbolic (won't go into the symbolic meaning of these creatures, not within the scope of this thread)

Though it would be cool to see mini-pegasus with a scorpion telson. Starts me thinking what other animals would be cool to see with a scorpion tail.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the locust swarm's shape was the one that was described?

or the anatomy of the creature?

gotta need to ask a pope.
:D

10 gigabytes
LOL!!!!

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
the locust swarm's shape was the one that was described?

or the anatomy of the creature?

gotta need to ask a pope.
:D

10 gigabytes
LOL!!!!
Not the pope (but I play one on Chesire's Avatar :} ). that is the anatomy of the actual creature.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
On another note...I believe Scorpions and their kind are a far older invertebrate family than locusts are. Scorpions and their kind have been around for 400 million years or so. I believe locusts and other insects are a younger group.

John
];')
You're 100% correct. Arachnids and their kin were around long before the hexapods.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dang! And here I am thinking all life was created only 4000 years or so ago...yeesh, I dunno.
6000 of God's years, not humans.
--
I always thought these would be something like wasps or bees, as they were commanded not to do harm to the grass or anything green, hardly a locust's prerogative. Africanized bees, anyone?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Starts me thinking what other animals would be cool to see with a scorpion tail.
Can you imagine if pseudoscorpions had metasomas like scorpions? Wow -- that would be pretty wild. ;)

Cheers,
Dave