Re-using corkbark or not?

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering if I could re-use corkbark I have from the terra of a T that died. I guess you never know with paracites and stuff.
I've had the bark in the freezer for weeks, and even had it in the oven. I would suppose that's enough to kill what might live on it, but I want to be 100% sure before I use it.

:?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
be careful taking it out of the microwave...it gets melt the skin off your hands hot. i found out the hard way. i had mites with my pedes so i nuked the corkbark for 10mins on high.to make sure i killed all of them.
so let it cool for a few

ps all my fingertips grew back

moose

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Freezers, microwaves! Boiling for 15 minutes will kill everything. It will actually sterilize it. Cleans things pretty good too. Hospitals still use steam sterilization on most things. It's cheap and safe.

Remember that there are parasites out there that have eggs that survive winter temperatures. Like round worms for example.

aliceinwl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put mine in the oven at 250 for about 20-30 minutes.

-Alice

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was wondering if I could re-use corkbark I have from the terra of a T that died. I guess you never know with paracites and stuff.
I've had the bark in the freezer for weeks, and even had it in the oven. I would suppose that's enough to kill what might live on it, but I want to be 100% sure before I use it.

:?
What you did should be fine. Freezing and cooking should steralize and kill everything and anything.