Re-Arranging

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's u guys' oppinion on cage rearranging? i want to change the rock layout in my cage from a big rock leaning on a little rock, and a rock hut, to the rock hut, and something else. would my T go nuts and, like, eat me? (exaggeration). basically, would she mind if her preffered structure came down? thx.

Oops. She's a G. Rosea, btw...

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She wouldn't mind if it wasn't too different. If you wanted you could move one thing at a time and spread it out so it's not such a shock.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She wouldn't mind if it wasn't too different. If you wanted you could move one thing at a time and spread it out so it's not such a shock.
I dont know exactly how big or how small your rocks are but whatever you do remind tarantulas are fragile so too big of a "small" / "big" rock can crush it...otherwise good luck

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, i thought about that. technically, they're not rocks, but peices of plastic to look like rocks. i shoulda mentiomned that, huh? anyways, i already moved it. i might have spooked her, tho, after a plastick rock pummeled into the side of the cage with a loud thud (oops). :wall: anyways, i laid the big rock on the substrate, and stood the little one against the wall. thx, guys. :)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont know exactly how big or how small your rocks are but whatever you do remind tarantulas are fragile so too big of a "small" / "big" rock can crush it...otherwise good luck
All I was saying is in his situation, he could remove the lean too rock and a couple of weeks later move the existing shelter where he wanted it and then another couple weeks later, put the lean too rock back in the tank in the position and place he wanted it. I mentioned nothing about how he should set it up that might put the T in danger.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
python meant that the way i had it was that i had a big rock leaning on a little rock to make a little structure.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Reguardless of how you have it, If it seems like it would work, I'm sure you can figure out how to make the adjustment at different times to reduce the stress. I don't care how you actually have it set up. I was just mentioning the idea and thought it would help.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think as long as you take ur time and are careful then it shouldn't be a problem.

-Matty

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
With my rose, I am allowed to do just about anything as long as I don't get careless or too comfortable. She seems curious at times over the vibrations and comes to check my hand out. I usually hold still if she is already really close, or I simply remove my hand when she comes towards me and I wait. She is NOT a run and hide kinda gal, but she has never thrown a threat display or otherwise showed an intent to be intolerant of me doing some cage play (I like to decorate). All spider individuals are different, no doubt, and roses are as weird as they come, right? But my experience is that rearranging is very easy with her still in the cage, as long as I am not being stupid or too audacious. My best suggestion is avoid breathing on her. The only times that my spider seems at all skittish is if I accidentally exhale onto her while working in her tank.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 6 rosies. My biggest female would be extremely unhappy if I changed her cage and go arboreal in protest, my red phase female would hide for a week, my mature male wouldn't care, my bigger juvie would go arboreal and never come down, the smaller would dash about wildly for a few minutes and then hide, and the sling would stick its head in its burrow with its bottom sticking out. In other words, every rosie is different. If yours isn't easily upset, it won't matter, if it is, you will know. Either way the T will get over it, just remember that if you have a high strung T it will be stressed.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well, it's been changed for overnight, and i woke up to her sitting on top of the flat rock. that's a good sign, right?