Rattlesnake tarantula

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I would love to have a T like Flinger that would be awesome.

Unrelated, I don't know about other stridulating T's but I doubt they sound as cool as the un-named rattlesnake one. That is absolutely unique and the other stridulating T's that I have heard stridulate are not as loud nor sound the same.
The rattlers are definitely the loudest stridulating tarantulas on the planet, while I've never heard them in person I've read plenty of notes from Steven Nunn describing how unique the sound is and impressive volume it's produced at for such a small animal

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
The rattlers are definitely the loudest stridulating tarantulas on the planet, while I've never heard them in person I've read plenty of notes from Steven Nunn describing how unique the sound is and impressive volume it's produced at for such a small animal
I posted a video of this tarantula's stridulation in an earlier reply. It is most amazing.....

What I find even more amazing with nature is that rattlesnakes can't hear yet through evolution produced a tail that can make a rattling noise to ward off threats. Tarantulas can't hear yet this one can produce a sound that mimics, (if that's even remotely close) a very loud rattlesnake stridulation noise.

Sometimes I just ponder on that and I am amazed by it. Two different animals, no capacity to hear yet through time developed a warning mechanism using noise. I don't know I am impressed by it.

It tells me nature is capable of things we can't always comprehend.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I posted a video of this tarantula's stridulation in an earlier reply. It is most amazing.....

What I find even more amazing with nature is that rattlesnakes can't hear yet through evolution produced a tail that can make a rattling noise to ward off threats. Tarantulas can't hear yet this one can produce a sound that mimics, (if that's even remotely close) a very loud rattlesnake stridulation noise.

Sometimes I just ponder on that and I am amazed by it. Two different animals, no capacity to hear yet through time developed a warning mechanism using noise. I don't know I am impressed by it.

It tells me nature is capable of things we can't always comprehend.
Guess that depends on how you define hear, but they can definitely feel intense sound waves.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Guess that depends on how you define hear, but they can definitely feel intense sound waves.
Yes I know as I mentioned that in previous post. I have one tarantula that follows my voice vibrations. Only T I have that does it. The other ones could care less.