rate the substrate

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
godamn things
WHOA! Was that neccessary!?!?! :8o :eek: We do have a few Godfearing people here, please, I'm not a moderator and can tolderate a lot...but maybe for a personal favor, no more? :(

Marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I use only Peat moss, vermiculite, or a mixture of the two...that's it.
I used to use potting soil, but too many mold problems with it being kept at all moist. Peat moss is too acidic for mold and fungus to gain a strong foothold, if you keep on top of it.
I use straight verm for the arboreals, they don't walk on it, but sometimes they use it in their webbing, and it holds moisture w/o molding as well.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Ephesians
WHOA! Was that neccessary!?!?! :8o :eek: We do have a few Godfearing people here, please, I'm not a moderator and can tolderate a lot...but maybe for a personal favor, no more? :(

Marcus
Marc,

Again, for you and everyone else's benefit...

In the Rules (which you all should have read by now), we state that vigilante justice is not appreciated... just wanted to remind ya. In the future, please make use of the "Report this post to a moderator" feature and the bottom right hand corner of the post... we'll take it from there if it's a problem... thanks all!

...tom

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians

Marcus
Oops!!:D

Not again!...my bad dude...im blasphemous by nature...:)
Ill be more careful...

And as for the personal favour? done deal*!;)

Ill be damned if another fouxpass of mine sprouts into another ugly 50-posts-in-one-night thread...many of y'all will remember that one :D

*Although i do not trust myself for jack, so if anyone spots more blesphemous bytes by me, feel free to point it out...

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sheesh, and I'm the one that gets moderated...:? :(

I'll remember that Mr. Internet.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Forest bed

Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
I use the Forest bed which after soaking breaks down to a nice dirt like mixture and I mix vermiculite with it and I love the stuff. Never had a problem with it so far.

Same here,I use it for all my spiders(slings/adults) mixed with verm and like Petitegreeneyes says I have never had a problem with it.

Chid