Rare/uncommon species

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
"These threads are always funny to see how people deceive what is "rare". The price on M. balfouri started dropping ten years ago For this thread Thrixopelma sp. "Cajamarca" is the winner so far. I'll try to throw some pics up tonight when I get home.

Later, Tom "

Indeed Tom, rarity is in the eye of the beholder. You, Ana, and I probably share many "rare" specimens in common in our collections. The above link I shared are just a few that I actually have posted for sale recently and look forward to seeing what you are going to share from the vault ;D Congrats again on the leetzi my friend...

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Homoeomma sp. "Blue" - pretty rare for me and still a sling. Haven't seen this one offered for sale often, if at all.

LadyofSpiders

Arachnopeon
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg ]Pamphobeteus sp Costa is probably my rarest :)
I also have B cabocla, P sazimai, a pair of Phormictopus sp purple, O diamantinensis and a Harpactira dictator

Last edited:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...-mascara-etc&p=2341335&viewfull=1#post2341335

"These threads are always funny to see how people deceive what is "rare". The price on M. balfouri started dropping ten years ago For this thread Thrixopelma sp. "Cajamarca" is the winner so far. I'll try to throw some pics up tonight when I get home.

Later, Tom "

Indeed Tom, rarity is in the eye of the beholder. You, Ana, and I probably share many "rare" specimens in common in our collections. The above link I shared are just a few that I actually have posted for sale recently and look forward to seeing what you are going to share from the vault ;D Congrats again on the leetzi my friend...

Joe
Hi Pinche! Your Avicularia versicolor is the rarest of them all on your link. I think Tom would agree....

-Jose

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
El Bandito strikes again.....of course out of the 6 pictures posted you had to pic that one. Now get some pictures of your cross bred fracta/baumgarteni/highlow subfuscabara up here.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
El Bandito strikes again.....of course out of the 6 pictures posted you had to pic that one. Now get some pictures of your cross bred fracta/baumgarteni/highlow subfuscabara up here.
As pinche huevos know that Acanthoscurria fracta to me is one of the rarest out there, here is one photo of her. I do not know of anyone else that owns one of this species as of now in the USA.

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Female

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Great photo...love the stripping of that Acanthoscurria natalensis / juruenicola. How did you cross breed that with 2 females mongolo fresca?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great photo...love the stripping of that Acanthoscurria natalensis / juruenicola. How did you cross breed that with 2 females mongolo fresca?
We'll I did not want to bring that conversation up but since you are asking I will let people know that I learn from the best, Joe Rossi (Pinche Huevos) is the one that taught me how to cross breed. The best in the business!

-Jose

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Lol....2nd best bandito. We know who the 1st is ;). Get some other photos of the rare t's i sent you up there like striatus, polycuspulatus, etc....would love to see there growth.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sericopelma sp. "Chiriqui"

As far as im aware, i am one of only two people in the states with this species.

DVMT

Arachnosquire
I guess I would have to go with my Bumba cabocla. Probably the rarest I have. I know there have only been 2 or 3 (maybe more now?) sacs produced here in the US.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine would be my B. Klassi female, my A. leata female, L. Klugi female and N. Carapoensis female.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a T. stirmi, they certainly aren't rare but a lot of people don't have them.
View attachment 133147
Is this a picture of your Theraphosa stirmi (Burgundy Goliath Birdeater Tarantula)? I only ask because the spider in this picture appears to have setae on its patellas. If this is your spider and it does have setae on its patellas it is not a Theraphosa stirmi. :) That's a good thing... lol

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Just realized I forgot to put the "rare" species that I have, lol!

Harpactira dictator
Holothele sp. Carabobo
Caturumi argentinsus
Ami sp. Columbia
Neostenotarsus sp. French Gyana
Pterinopelma sazimai
Sericopelma sp. Panama
Holothele sp. Yanayaccu

Just know that I'm only going on the animals that I don't see available too often. Some of these may actually be quite common.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well to be completely honest, i ordered a high dollar amount of rare tarantulas from a member. This happened to be my freebie.
Well hopefully you can find a mate for him/her so there'll be more available someday. Seems rather unlikely though if yours is one of only two or three in the country.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
On its next molt, i should be able to sex it. If its female, i will start growing it fast. That way i can get it up to size before more slings enter the states. If its male, well looks like he will just have to slow way down, and pray a female makes her way across the seas.
Well hopefully you can find a mate for him/her so there'll be more available someday. Seems rather unlikely though if yours is one of only two or three in the country.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well it's not even as close to as rare as some of the crazy tarantulas the serious members have, but the rarest ones I have are H. Villosella and C. Fimbriatus. I had an H. Albostriatum but he passed some weeks ago.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

On its next molt, i should be able to sex it. If its female, i will start growing it fast. That way i can get it up to size before more slings enter the states. If its male, well looks like he will just have to slow way down, and pray a female makes her way across the seas.
Good luck with the little fella! what do the adults look like?