rare T's

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What are some of the more rare species of T's?...ones I should be snagging up on if I happen to come across them them.....peace....

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Bengal spotted ornamental, Ivory Ornamental, Pedersens ornamental, Yellowbacked ornamental, columbian lesserblack, Gooty Ornamental, ummm thats all i can think of at the top of my head, but there are lots and lots of awesome stuff--Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dont know how you're defining rare, but i just picked up 2 carlsbad green (Aphonopelma sp.). I don't see them around too often and they're really really cool T's! Beautiful colours ( i think) -- i'm pretty sure you can get them on E-spiderworld and Swiftys (i think), but i don't really see them around, and i'm the only person that I know that has one.. i dunno.

i don't think they're rare, but if you can snag one, do it!

peace,
dave

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ivory Ornamental = Poecilotheria metallica?
If so, that's the one on top of my wishlist :)
More than just rare, you can't find her anywhere. Somebody told me that she is not in trade :(

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by Pyrdacor
Ivory Ornamental = Poecilotheria metallica?
If so, that's the one on top of my wishlist :)
More than just rare, you can't find her anywhere. Somebody told me that she is not in trade :(

No, Poecilotheria Subfusca= Ivory Ornamental
Poecilotheria Metallica=Gooty Ornamental
Ivorys are definetly availible around from time to time, P. Metallica from what i hear is'nt ready yet or hatched? but will be--Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also another (maybe) not so rare is the P.miranda (Bengal Spotted Ornamental) -- again, define RARE please, but it's a beautiful spider that isn't around too often. I know 2 people that have them, and they paid around $200 for the spider plus shipping (the shipping was only around $25!)...

beautiful T though!

peace,
d a v e

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rare as in....If you see one...grab it!..you may not see another one again for quite some time,if at all and cost not being the drawback.......I've pretty much got all the T's I've been wanting from the start so now's the time to start watching for the hard to get/rare T's to add to my collection.I'll be making a list and carrying it along on all my T searches...thanks for the replies and keep them coming...peace..

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got a B. auratum that seems to be pretty rare. I know Hoke has them at E-spiderworld, but you don't see them on very many lists.

Botar

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have an Acanthoscurria brocklehursti, which is as far as I know kinda rare. I don't know if the Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma" is rare, but I have one anyway :). And I will be getting a Xenesthis immanis in a couple of months, I'm sure that one is rare.

Dennis

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yellowbacked

yellowbacked ornamental=poecilotheria smithi.....
aka...ornamental tree spider,yellowbacked chocolate birdeater...peace

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've e-mailed the guy that is breeding the metallica's, and he says he has a few sacks but won't sell any of the slings. He has received two new males and the slings that will come from that breeding he will probably sell.
Greetz,
Joost

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Botar is your Mexican flame knee pretty docile?? Can you handle him or her ?? Or she pretty skittish??

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Botar, she is very beautiful. Ron has always wanted one of those. I agree they are hard to find, and very costly too. Just gorgeous, Pam

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spike,

She's relatively calm. As a general rule, I don't handle my T's, so I can't really comment on that. My handling is usually limited to when I transfer them to knew housing or when a sling bolts out onto my hand during feeding.

Pam,

If you ever get one and wind up with a male, let me know. I'd love to be knee-deep in auratums.

Botar

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spike
Botar is your Mexican flame knee pretty docile?? Can you handle him or her ?? Or she pretty skittish??
Speaking for myself, I've found B. auratum to be a little more skittish than B. smithi, but perfectly handleable. I mated both my females last fall with Bryan Cronoss's male in hopes of doing something about their scarcity on the market ;) One, unfortunately, has molted since then, and all my hopes are currently centered on the girl pictured below!

Joy

Last edited:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
more newbie-ness

One, unfortunately, has molted since then, and all my hopes are currently centered on the girl pictured below!
I take it females don't molt when they are gravid...

Bry

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: more newbie-ness

Originally posted by Bry
I take it females don't molt when they are gravid...

Bry
When they molt all the stored sperm from any previous mating is lost. :(

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a Thrixopelma pruriens, Iridiopelma hirsutum, Hysterocrates hercules, Euathlus pulcherrimaklassi, and Vitalius platyomma, I don't know about the actual rarity of these spiders but you don't see them too often.

Andy

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well I have only been into T's now since August of 2002 ,and after doing some resurch I discoverd that I must get some C.thorelli ,but was told that they are pretty rare. But within the last 4-5 months there have been several dealers with them available so I have 3.I do have some T's that I havnt seen that often and they are Coremiocnema.validus, Lampropelma nigerrimum, a Haplopelma.schmidti (black morph) 3" ,and my newest additions are 3 -1" Haplopelma.schmidti slings. Now there have been adult H.schmidti 's both Gold and Black varietes available as WC adults but not slings, so I would say that of my collection of 32 specimens my Haplopelma.schmidti's both Gold and Black slings are my pride and joy.Although that L.nigerrimum is a really cool looking T.

Doug

Last edited: