Rare Colombian Tarantulas - Which One Would You Choose? ***Must See***

T

taranvan

Hi wonderful people,

I need your help in choosing two Colombian t's, and would also appreciate your tips, and care info if you have one of your own!

Unfortunately, I have found scarce information on most of these species, but I'm dying to have one. They are so stunning, I simply have to have one and feed my passion for T's. I will purchase them from Kenthebugguy.com.

I have the sweetest enclosure from Vitaliy (tarantulahomes.com) waiting for them!!

What better way than asking experts to help me out.

So, which one would you take home today??

Holothele rondoni
<image removed>

Xenesthis immanis
<image removed>

Avicularia sp. "Amazonica"
<image removed>

Pamphobeteus fortis
<image removed>

Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" (Triseriatus??)
<image removed>

Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" - Pumpkin Patch
<image removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you need to do a bit more research on the specific needs of these species. Holotheles are tiny, Pamphobeteus and Xenesthis get giant, Avicularia are arboreal, and so on. I think Hapalopus are also quite small but I'm not certain. If your goal is to use this nice enclosure you've acquired, you need to choose a spider for which it is appropriate.

Are you planning on getting a sling, juvenile or adult? Spiderlings (slings) need to be kept in a very small enclosure, putting them in a large environment dramatically complicates the keepers job. You may want to look into this.

Read the sticky linked below, it will help you. It contains lots of necessary, foundational knowledge that you should know before buying any tarantula, especially a fantstically expensive one like you are considering.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=145454

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If it's your first tarantula, I'd recommend Avicularia sp. "Amazonica", hands down, just because it's very mild mannered and looks great. Well, actually all your picks are very colourful, so that's obviously something you're looking for. Just keep in mind that any avic needs regular misting and adequate ventilation (ideally cross ventilation). If it's not your first T, then just do your research and go with whatever you want.