Rally bad situation!!!!!help asap!!!

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
ok my p.irminia sling just molted this morning so he's still soft and just now while i was going to put his container back on the shelf my hand slipped :eek: i was so horrified to look in the vial, but i did so heres the visible damage-

one leg broken
one leg bleeding
one palp bleeding

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

ok i managed to carefully put it in an ICU but should i do anythig to stop the bleeding?

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure how well this will work with a sling but you should put something on the wounds to stop the bleeding if it continues. There are a number of different products you can use, like flour and superglue. I would try flour first since I think the fumes of the sugerglue would be too much for a sling. At least the abdomen isn't bleeding. If all goes well with the wounds the next step is to powerfeed it so that it will have another molt sooner. Since it's a sling it will molt quicker anyway so you shouldn't have to wait for too long. The molt should fix the broken leg. I'm not sure if it would be necessary to remove the leg before the molt.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
alright i took your advice and placed flour on the injuries, do i just let it be?

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, just keep an eye on it to make sure the bleeding stops. It should, leg injuries heal easier than abdomen or carapace injuries.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why did you take the container off the shelf?

Lesson learned, I hope...

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No problem, I hope everything turns out well for your sling.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I had to move one of my L. parahybana sling's container right after a molt because it was bone dry in it's 85 degree tank. As long as youu are SUPER CAREFUL, it can be done with less risk.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had to move one of my L. parahybana sling's container right after a molt because it was bone dry in it's 85 degree tank. As long as youu are SUPER CAREFUL, it can be done with less risk.
Do you think if you had waited 12 hours, the sling would have died?

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer

well it was unusually cold in my house yesterday so i went and checked on it but....yeah in hindsight should of never done that :(

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Why was a freshly molted spider being tampered with... especially a sling... it made it through the molt without complications so I'm sure it would have been fine for a day. Consider this a lesson learned. Leave a freshly molted t alone. The stress from you moving it let alone could have caused it to rupture. Not trying to sound rude but for the sake of the spider next time leave it alone for the day.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you think if you had waited 12 hours, the sling would have died?
Possibly. My house is extremely dry and there was no moisture in the container. I know it's risky, but I felt like it was needed. I barely moved it and cracked it open just enough for the tip of my eyedropper.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Possibly. My house is extremely dry and there was no moisture in the container. I know it's risky, but I felt like it was needed. I barely moved it and cracked it open just enough for the tip of my eyedropper.
Don't feel too guilty. I suspect we've all picked up a container and discovered the spider in it had just molted. I know I have. It's dropping the container, whether the spider has molted or not, that causes the damage. Just learn from your mistakes and move forward.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't feel too guilty. I suspect we've all picked up a container and discovered the spider in it had just molted. I know I have. It's dropping the container, whether the spider has molted or not, that causes the damage. Just learn from your mistakes and move forward.
I didn't feel bad because I felt that it needed to be done. The main thing I was worried about was the tarantula freaking out and injuring itself.