Raising Blaptica dubia, tips please!

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone! I have been considering crossing over and using the roaches instead of the Crickets. I am guessing that the Blaptica dubia would be a nice choice... I am open to any other suggestions as well. I guess that this is in the right category... as it deals with raising food for the T's. (If not, I am sorry for putting it in the wrong place :eek: )

My question is this: I currently have 3 arboreal T's, with the plan of getting more in the near future. My T's range in size from 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches.

Would these make suitable meals or would they be too big?

Also, is it possible to maintain a smaller colony of around 20-30 roaches with out major problems of too much inbreeding? Should I add a few new members to the colony every so often? Is it possible to maintain a healthy thriving colony with less roaches? I do have someone that I could give some of them too for their T's as well.

I am sorry for not knowing, well, really anything about these roaches. I did a search, but came up with so many hits that I began to forget what I was looking for :? So if anyone would be able to help, I would really appreciate it!

If one thinks that it would be a waste to raise my own roaches with only 3 T's... please chime in and give your 2 cents! Thanks!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see you also posted in the correct forum of insects and other inverts......... thats where you will expect your replys..... also in that section do a search of topics using the key word dubia, there are tons of very informative threads to sift through. Thats where I went to find out what to feed them and how to house them and all their special needs.