raindrops keep falling on my head

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
I was misting today, and something odd happened. I use one of those pump & spray things to mist everyone. I was misting inside my blondis' enclosure, when I accidentally misted him. He just stood there. I kept misting, and he stood there. No distress, no nothing. I do believe I have a frog blondi..=D

Peace,
Gillian

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Gillian,
Normally my blondi will let me mist her because she is in pre-molt. But two days ago I was just misting her cage and she started hissing like a banshee. Neat though to hear her hiss!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hi all,
I was misting today, and something odd happened. I use one of those pump & spray things to mist everyone. I was misting inside my blondis' enclosure, when I accidentally misted him. He just stood there. I kept misting, and he stood there. No distress, no nothing. I do believe I have a frog blondi..=D

Peace,
Gillian
The next thing to do is rig up a little shower stall in his vivarium!

Joy

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Hi Gillian,
Normally my blondi will let me mist her because she is in pre-molt. But two days ago I was just misting her cage and she started hissing like a banshee. Neat though to hear her hiss!
Ya know,
Mine has never hissed. He is quite calm, and if, in fact, he's outside his log when I open the lid to clean or what have you, he just stands there. No defensive pose, nothing. Very laid back.

Peace,
Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: Re: raindrops keep falling on my head

Originally posted by Joy
The next thing to do is rig up a little shower stall in his vivarium!

Joy
=D LOL!=D

Hmm, I wonder if Waterpik makes tarantula sized showerheads? *lol*!

Peace,
Gillian

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine has never hissed. He is quite calm, and if, in fact, he's outside his log when I open the lid to clean or what have you, he just stands there. No defensive pose, nothing. Very laid back.
if yours is anything like mine, thats not layed back. just try and stick your hand near and find out. i think its more of a lack of fear. if i mist her, she goes into the posture, hisses and tries to bite the water, or kicks hairs like crazy. but just like you said, if i open her enclosure she seems as calm as can be, until crix get tossed in or my hand ventures closer than she likes. (yes i am stupid enough to stick my bare hand in my blondis enclosure with her nearby, but hey i havent been bit)
;P

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My old adult female T blondi didnt mine getting sprayed at all. If I sprayed at her firectly she would run into her hide. But if she got a light misting she seemed to be indifferent. My usumbara is a whole nother story. You wanna hear soemthing hiss then get one of those.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW

Jacen,,you're right.

The hiss was immense.

Kenny