Rainbow Lubbers

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A few months back I saw these advertised for sale on kingsnake.com (no species name given). Does anybody know who sells them? They were a large, multi-colored grasshopper that supposedly could be fed like a cricket and the seller claimed they were easy to breed. I wasn't in the market to buy at the time and (okay, dumb moment on my part) forgot to take note of the seller's name and contact info.

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Romalea microptera

Hi, Galeo-

The beautiful insects were probably Romaelea microptera, or South Eastern Lubbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Careful with Lubbers

The vivid colorations on Lubbers indicate their toxic nature, they are toxic to some animals, like birds and lizards that prey on them on the wild, Id research before getting them

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, Alonso-

If I'm not mistaken,I think Galeogirl intends to keep them as pets and not feeders- I had three myself once and they're very cool animals...

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I do order them, they'd purely be kept as specimens for my own enjoyment. I bred frogs long enough to know warning coloration when I see it. ;)

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
BTW...

Sean's looking forward to your E-mail, if you haven't contacted him already.:)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Shucks just when I was going to order some for a new lubbers beef stew recipe I was going to try, I learn there toxic!;) Only kidding.

Galeogirl If you do get some I wish you the best of luck with them!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
johns,

I did contact Sean, but I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I can make an order. Tuition is due this week. :( I would like to get some, though, and try breeding them. People up here would probably go nuts for them, we don't have a lot of really colorful insects in the Pacific Northwest.

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by galeogirl
johns,

I did contact Sean, but I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I can make an order. Tuition is due this week. :( I would like to get some, though, and try breeding them. People up here would probably go nuts for them, we don't have a lot of really colorful insects in the Pacific Northwest.

I totally understand, galeo.:)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
johns,

Maybe I'm just tired right now, but what does the "AGB" in your e-mail stand for? This is going to bug me until I figure it out.

I wonder if he'd want to trade for millipedes or roaches, I should e-mail him again.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Galeo,

Usually, AGB stands for "African Giant Black", as in the African Giant Black Millipede. Sorry if this is incorrect, johns, just thought I'd give her an answer in case you didn't get back to it right away ... ;)

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I answered her question via pm.. figured why take up needless bandwidth;P. I had the exact same ? when I was confronted by this daunting acronym of AGB, so it's actually good for all the newbies who were wondering, Mr. I!

I've really got to get of my adynamic arse and start packing, as I'm heading out early Tuesday morning..