Rack systems.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Since it doesn't look like a Caging forum is in the works, I'll post this here.

I was wondering if anyone else has done what I have done and whether there are any improvements someone can suggest.

I've made a racking system based on some cheap metal shelves and painters plastic sheeting. Basicaly, I've covered the shelves with the plastic and then provided vents to let some air through. Overall, though, it still holds humidity a lot better than just the shelving. I've then put a humidifier in the rack and put that on a timer. The concequences is that humidity is maintained at various levels in various parts of the rack.

My one concern to date has been ventelation. I am actualy considering putting a fan in to blow air through -- also on a timer. On the other hand, the fan from the humidifier tends to circulate the air every time the humidifier comes on.

Any thoughts people? Anyone else done this? If so, what are the details?

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I've taken a picture, but I'm still using an SLR camera so you'll have to wait a bit for me to develop the roll and scan the pics.

Cheers,
Dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
That's a very nice looking racking system. Mine is far more utilitarian, as I bought the shelving itself from the local Zellers.

Anyhow, here is a pic of what I am talking about. I have since added additional vents and the pic shows my back-up humidifier, as my ultrasonic is broken. I hope to put it back to the ultrasonic one soon, though, as it creates a much more even mist.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments