Rabid Pasimachus

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
(I injured the roaches :eek:) Click on the second image for low quality vid. I may try to get larvae out of these, I'm not 100% sure what the larvae look like. There is an ID or two on the internet but the people IDing them don't seem real sure about it. I am keeping them separated, at least one pair mated. I'm going to keep putting unknown sexes with others as time goes by.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Nice. Do they have any color on the border of the elytra? Would be cool to see these reproduced. Good luck!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah they all have the blue edge. They usually aren't easy to find but sometimes I find pockets of them and decided to grab some. This is just a one time try out of curiosity. I kept a few before but didn't really pay much attention. This time I gave them as much food as they could eat. All 7 took care of 3 adult dubias, it's amazing how much they can eat.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i love these little tanks{Dthey fear nothing when it comes time to eat.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I missed this thread. Very cool stuff!

A couple weeks ago I had placed a Pasimachus in my blue death feigning beetle tanks for a couple minutes while I prepared a shipping container for it. When I looked back in, the Pasimachus had grabbed a bdfb in a choke hold and was carrying it around the tank. Despite the powerful jaws it wasn't able to injure the bdfb, but I got a good chuckle out of such a tough little beetle meeting its match. With time it's possible it could have de-limbed the bdfb, but I'm not sure it ever would have breached through for a meal.

Here's two more vids for you Pasimachus lovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mgKIGvnME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVMnHCVDZHA