Quite possibly the most annoying aspect of the T business...

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm wondering the same thing. In fact, that strengthens my argument.
Of course I do, I love it. My favorite is a nice big burger off the grill.

Its a perfectly legitimate argument. If its so poor, you should fine it easy to rebuke.

-Sean
yes it is completely dumb to point out that animal cruelty is ok as long as they don't have feelings. what about animals raised for slaughter? they have feelings and can definitely sense pain so why do you continue to eat meat?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes it is completely dumb to point out that animal cruelty is ok as long as they don't have feelings. what about animals raised for slaughter? they have feelings and can definitely sense pain so why do you continue to eat meat?
I agree with you about the inverts stuff but why has this become about eating meat? If i didnt eat meat idunno what i would do! Theres nothin like a big juicy steak!

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah i don't want this to become some sort of "PETA-esque" debate of complete ridiculousness. i'm just sayin' that it's illogical to say it's ok to keep animals of any sort in terrible conditions just because they don't have feelings.

in regards to the meat statement, it's just the easiest way to allocate my ethos argument.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how many of you fish and use nightcrawlers for bait. talk about a slow death. or put out ant bait so they can take it to the nest and kill em all. spray the wasp nest in your garage.
i get just as mad when i see any thing abused but you have to keep it in perspective.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah no, i only went in to get feeder crix. they had a P.Regalis kept on bark chips with a hide in a terribly small enclosure and were only going to charge 15 bucks!! but seriously, i'm not down to have an unhealthy T regardless of the great price.
sorry, i think i would have to buy it. take it and give it a good home and be very happy i only paid 15 bucks for it. and probably saved its life.

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just think that you should have grabbed the P. Regalis for 15.00...
You can always resell it at a later date.
I have done that.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I think the flip side to the argument would be that many people see a difference between letting a cow waste away in a field and killing it quickly in a slaughter house. Letting a cow waste away can be a crime, whereas, slaughtering it is not.... so is letting a tarantula waste away in a pet shop different than killing it quickly under your foot? Not that I am taking sides.. but I think it would be hard to prosecute somebody for letting a bug die or live in unsatisfactory conditions. I think it would be better to make it a violation against a local health code that is punishable by a fine... At least localities could see a little more revenue possibly.... :)
Oh really? How about you take a drive to the nearest chicken farm. Where they harvest eggs? You let me know how you think of their keeping conditions. And who should 'call the PETA'.

Because I DON'T care. That's the whole point. You're defending my argument everytime you bring up eating meat. And being against the PETA? That's me too, thanks.

jr47 was absolutely right. Ever gone fishing? Boy, that must be fun. Then there's all the fish getting their mouth torn out because the eight-year old wants to catch a bluegill. Hooks raking up their throats, then tossing 'em back in the water again. And thats not even talking about the bait.

Oh, while we're on that, ever been to a fish farm?

There are so many more examples worse then arachnid keeping that no one cares about. I like to go fishing, I eat eggs, I love meat, and I drive. That means, I don't worry about the cows being slaughtered, chickens being kept in 2'x2' cages, fish gutting and worm impaling, and I don't worry about all the ladybugs I've hit with my car. And I don't think you do either:? So look who's calling the kettle black.

-Sean

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the pet shop close to where i live had a blondi labelled as Goliath baboon.

my friend mentioned there was no such thing when he phoned up and the woman on the phone said "well he knows what he is talking about he has been doing it for years so he is right"

the next time we went to the pet shop the word baboon was scribbled out on the label lol

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh really? How about you take a drive to the nearest chicken farm. Where they harvest eggs? You let me know how you think of their keeping conditions. And who should 'call the PETA'.

Because I DON'T care. That's the whole point. You're defending my argument everytime you bring up eating meat. And being against the PETA? That's me too, thanks.

jr47 was absolutely right. Ever gone fishing? Boy, that must be fun. Then there's all the fish getting their mouth torn out because the eight-year old wants to catch a bluegill. Hooks raking up their throats, then tossing 'em back in the water again. And thats not even talking about the bait.

There are so many more examples worse then arachnid keeping that no one cares about. I like to go fishing, I eat eggs, I love meat, and I drive. That means, I don't worry about the cows being slaughtered, chickens being kept in 2'x2' cages, fish gutting and worm impaling, and I don't worry about all the ladybugs I've hit with my car. And I don't think you do either:? So look who's calling the kettle black.

-Sean
so basically you have no idea what you're talking about. besides throwing out ridiculous nonsensical assumptions about how you think that I fish, you decide to throw out the "unintentional rationalization" response. so it's ok to intentionally harm an animal, but unintentionally harming them is not ok. what the hell are you talking about? please get a better argument. my argument wasn't that you don't care. go re-read and strengthen your defense.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one good thing about living in the u.k. we do not to get to drive over a lot of tarantulas :eek: :eek: :eek: phil

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

-Sean
Well like I said I am not taking sides if you read my post... I was simply pointing out the difference that some were asking about. Also, chicken, turkey, duck farms that are in poor conditions is a violation of local code/law whatever in some cases. However, enforcement is what is lacking in most cases which is why I said that maybe they shouldn't waste time trying to prosecute and just issue tickets instead. Every local government needs money right? :rolleyes:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
so basically you have no idea what you're talking about. besides throwing out ridiculous nonsensical assumptions about how you think that I fish, you decide to throw out the "unintentional rationalization" response. so it's ok to intentionally harm an animal, but unintentionally harming them is not ok. what the hell are you talking about? please get a better argument. my argument wasn't that you don't care. go re-read and strengthen your defense.
Say my posts are as bad as you want. I'm not worried. You want to accuse my posts because you can't come up with a logical argument or what?

When did I say it was okay to intentionally harm animals, and not okay to accidentally harm them. WHERE??

I'm saying, you get so fired up over invertebrates, and want petstore owners fined. There's worse operations working you fund every single day of the week. Sometimes you have to choose your battles.

If all you want to do is pick apart my posts without giving me the honor of a legitimate argument, then I'm done.

-Sean

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
with the fishing thing, just trying to point out that we all do things that some others would see as cruel or inhuman. as far as pet stores, alot are really pushing cruelty. ive been kicked out of a few myself.
but you have to look at it from both sides, they are running a shop. im sure there are times when people dont show up for work or you get help in that just dont care. or you walk in and all the help is running like crazy trying to get stock out, help customers and run the register. and just dont have the time to get to everything.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As much as I hate the smell and noise, but you have to have some sympathy for the crickets. They get sacrificed as live food to so many other animals because they are a balanced diet, and well annoying. Where's the justice for the food in petstores?:p

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Say my posts are as bad as you want. I'm not worried. You want to accuse my posts because you can't come up with a logical argument or what?

When did I say it was okay to intentionally harm animals, and not okay to accidentally harm them. WHERE??

I'm saying, you get so fired up over invertebrates, and want petstore owners fined. There's worse operations working you fund every single day of the week. Sometimes you have to choose your battles.

If all you want to do is pick apart my posts without giving me the honor of a legitimate argument, then I'm done.

-Sean
i'm glad you gave up. i can't believe that you have no idea what you've said already. again, this has nothing to do with anything else other than your position on the mistreatment of animals with or without pain. There's worse operations elsewhere? Uh, ok? That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what is happening here and now. cmon buddy.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
i'm glad you gave up.
I didn't give up, you stopped debating. It takes two.

Obviously you can't come up with suitable arguments of the worse operations you fund every day. You don't want to debate, then I'll quit.

Just keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe someone else will believe you.:)

-Sean