quick urticating question...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All this talking about getting tagged with hairs my body must have missed it, bcause for the first time in a long time I went home did some checking up on and feeding and watering, decided to take a picture of my Vagans male that matured a week or so ago, and he tagged me so dang good I think I am going to rip my hands off. My fingers are burning and inbetween good grief. :(
To make matters worse right after that I mean minutes later I got tagged by my pissed off smithi mommy thats still guarding her sac with cotton in it. I am going to go weep now. ITTTTTT BURRRNSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol I'm telling you they have their own little computers and internet connections in those hides of theirs. They KNOW what we're up too.

chichi

Arachnopeon
Q: Is it better if we're just going to use some gloves while cleaning the tank, so that we can avoid the urticating hairs? What do you think guys?

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Q: Is it better if we're just going to use some gloves while cleaning the tank, so that we can avoid the urticating hairs? What do you think guys?
I think that's overkill for the average person. If you have a bad alergic reaction to them then do what you have to do, but otherwise I think its silly. I clean, handle and pet with bare skin and have never had any sort of reaction. If I didn't know that all my T's had the hairs by reading, then I would have never known.

chichi

Arachnopeon
Oh well. It's just my opinion to hrlp others to have an idea. I'm handling my t's with bare hands and i see no problem about it.:)

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you kids crack me up..
I never said scolding hot water helps.. I just said it feels good. helps with the itch at least. I itch like a friggin crack fiend and the only time i get comfort is in the morning's scoldoing shower.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have been tagget from my rosie a few times and her hairs dont really bother me. But my little Apophysis sling got me good a few of days ago, my hand were swollen the next days. Used warm water with soap. I think i put on gloves next time, especcially when it will be grown up:D

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How does the whole kicking thing work? Since the hair are on the abdomen (?) I'd guess the T uses its back legs to like brush them off at you backwards...?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How does the whole kicking thing work? Since the hair are on the abdomen (?) I'd guess the T uses its back legs to like brush them off at you backwards...?
EXACTLY - That is exactly how it works and they are pretty fast at it too! :eek:

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dumb Me

I was giving my rosea's water a full change today and then after i rubbed my eye and i guess i had some U-hairs on my hand cause my eye started to itch like crazy. I ran water over it for like 30 min and it didn't do anygood. I guess that just goes to show you should always wash you hands after they have been in a T cage, even if you don't think they have hairs on them.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think that's overkill for the average person. If you have a bad alergic reaction to them then do what you have to do, but otherwise I think its silly. I clean, handle and pet with bare skin and have never had any sort of reaction. If I didn't know that all my T's had the hairs by reading, then I would have never known.
You have not had a reaction yet.........It’s a progressive thing. I never had a reaction to Smithi or any Brachy for that matter for 10+ years. Then one day almost two years back I got a package with a male Smithi, had no shirt on and when I opened it I watched him kick in protest. Did not think anything of it till I was trying to rip my skin of and had hives all over me. It's been getting worse and worse ever since. I treat them like bio chemical threats now.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You have not had a reaction yet.........It’s a progressive thing. I never had a reaction to Smithi or any Brachy for that matter for 10+ years. Then one day almost two years back I got a package with a male Smithi, had no shirt on and when I opened it I watched him kick in protest. Did not think anything of it till I was trying to rip my skin of and had hives all over me. It's been getting worse and worse ever since. I treat them like bio chemical threats now.
The reacton the U hairs is an immune response. The more you are exposed to the hairs, the worse it gets. Keep this in mind for all the new T hobbists out there. You should limit your exposure as much as possible now. I have T's that ( hopefully ) will live 20+ years. I use gloves for everything other than feeding. I get a slight response now ( dang L. Difficilus ). I can't imagine how bad it would be with constant exposure for the next 20+ years !

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You have not had a reaction yet.........It’s a progressive thing.
I said that, {D

But I am like to I suit up, and if I chose not to and one of them kicks I move away like its the plague.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
But I am like to I suit up, and if I chose not to and one of them kicks I move away like its the plague.
*roger that, we've got one it seems a bit under the influece*

Sir, please try to walk in a straight line for me

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
*roger that, we've got one it seems a bit under the influece*

Sir, please try to walk in a straight line for me
:D Not under the influence, well maybe, but its the lack of sleep. I had to knock out a move and work my shifts as normal this week and it's kicked my butt. I am stuck at work now till 6pm. I am operating on maybe two marbles. :}
But hey it's my Friday and then I get 4 days off.:razz:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
:D Not under the influence, well maybe, but its the lack of sleep. I had to knock out a move and work my shifts as normal this week and it's kicked my butt. I am stuck at work now till 6pm. I am operating on maybe two marbles. :}
But hey it's my Friday and then I get 4 days off.:razz:
Yeah, I know I believe you:liar: :liar: just thought it was funny.

-Sean