Quick question

nolan

Arachnopeon
Does cleaning out the t cage when they are showing signs that they might molt interfere with their molt?

BillyG

Arachnopeon
my baby girl prepare to molt and i still got to clean the dubia roach out or it might hurt her,broke her web,she went recover it right away so now i can COMPLETELY leave her alone to molt with no worries.

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
To be safe, I would just wait until after a molt, unless you have a mad infestation of mites/mold or something.

nolan

Arachnopeon
I am not 100 percent my t is molting she has just been relatively inactive for a month and refuses to eat and from what i read the L. Parahybana is supposed to be very active and a big eater but anyways i cleaned the cage because it had flys in it although i did see some life in her in the small kritter keeper she was kicking hairs and striking the side i just hope i didn't mess up lol i know she is not a beginners t but i had to have her when i saw her

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To be safe, I would just wait until after a molt, unless you have a mad infestation of mites/mold or something.
I agree. leave her be for a week or two. Is there any reason why you need to clean out the cage? You only need to change the substrate maybe twice a year.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I am not 100 percent my t is molting she has just been relatively inactive for a month and refuses to eat and from what i read the L. Parahybana is supposed to be very active and a big eater but anyways i cleaned the cage because it had flys in it although i did see some life in her in the small kritter keeper she was kicking hairs and striking the side i just hope i didn't mess up lol i know she is not a beginners t but i had to have her when i saw her
i agree:clap:,and why the most beautiful ts are all those most aggrissive ones(Poecilotheria,Heteroscodra,Cyriopagopus schioedtei,Lampropelma violaceopes,Psalmopoeus irminia...you name it)!

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
While it's best for the T to leave it alone.I have accidentally opened a cage for cleaning only to find the T mid molt.At first I thought "oh he!! now it's going to get stuck and it's all my fault" but the T molt's fine, never had a problem.