Quick feeding question.

Karbon

Arachnopeon
I've been suspecting that the crickets have been getting out of their enclosure, so when i re-filled it, I placed the cricket's enclosure in the tank with my scorpion.

If they keep getting out, should I worry about her eating herself to death?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She will stop eating once shes full :)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
depends on the species. I've never heard of eating to death but I know a few scorps that eat themselves into obesity.

Uroctonus

Arachnopeon
Scorpions can eat a great deal when they are so inclined. However, scorpions will stop eating when they are full, and don't gorge themselves to death. However, if the crickets are escaping you might not want them in the cage because depending on the species of scorpion you are keeping its terrerium
might be a good breeding ground for crickets which could turn into a pain, because having too many loose crickets running around an enclosure can be a problem.

Kenobi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it ok to feed my scorpion wild-caught animals if I'm sure they haven't been in contact with chemicals/pestecides?
I stay near a small stream which has loads of small animals in and around the water. Can I feed any tadpoles or small frogs i catch to my scorpion?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Create a feeding regiment that will keep your scorps fit looking. One (or two) appropiately sized cricket a week would suffice for both small to large scorpions, feed one too many they will likely not feed next week or the week after.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it ok to feed my scorpion wild-caught animals if I'm sure they haven't been in contact with chemicals/pestecides?
I stay near a small stream which has loads of small animals in and around the water. Can I feed any tadpoles or small frogs i catch to my scorpion?
Yes, you can. They eat almost anything.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The problem lies in the fact you don't know where your wild caught feeding insects have been whereas your petstore purchased feeding insects have been bred in a clean sanitory facility.

But yeah, I haven't lost a invert yet feeding them stuff out of the wilds of my backyard, fence, or garage.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its not just chemicals and pesticides you need to worry about. It's parasites and diseases the animals may have.