Questions on P. Imperator

unkonscious

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
I know there have been allot of threads about questions on the P. Imperator but i was more or less looking for advice.
I just picked up today, from a LPS, about a 3 inch emp. (idk how to size scorps). I also got a enclosure, which i believe is to big, and a hide.
I got the basics on the care as for temp and humidity.
I was also wondering how you sex them.
Attached is the new member of the family :D.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
If you do a search there's lots of sexing threads, I cant remember the specifics on sexing at this moment. What size is the enclosure you picked up, or is that the one in the picture. My mature emperor is doing just fine in a 20 Gal. I over sized because I have 2 immature I'm rearing to join the party.
Edit-one more thing, Is that gel or pebbles in the water dish? Either way, I don't support the drowning myth, I have also never lost a cricket.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea fill it with distilled or tap water

good luck! welcome to the hobby!

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Edit-one more thing, Is that gel or pebbles in the water dish? Either way, I don't support the drowning myth, I have also never lost a cricket.
My emps used to sit in the water dish from time to time. They love water in my opinion. When I used to feed crickets (before I found the wonder that is the cockroach) mine never drowned either, they rarely got near the water long enough to escape my old pair of emps. :)

I do lose small roaches to drowning though, water tension seems to be their bane, lol.

unkonscious

Arachnopeon
its pebbles. we (my girlfriend and i) just set it up as her rose hair. The scorp seemed to love the water tho, kinda ran its legs through it like it was taking a bath lol. Also the enclosure is 10.38" Diameter X 5.5" H.

Thank you every one for you input. Time to troll back to see if i got a male or female. =)

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You sex them through the genital operculum. It is situated right above(towards head) and centered between the pectines of your scorpion. It will look like either a split oval or split heart/triangular shape. If it is oval shaped, it is a male and if heart shaped a female. If you take clear pics of the underside quite a few people here could sex it for you. Hope it helps