Questions from a could be first scorp owner...

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking at Pandinus imperators today.
I won't dare get anything more agressive or venomous with the twins, but I wouldn't mind getting a couple of those.
They have a HUGE female.
I mean MASSIVE.
Fat fat fat.
Fat and showing alot of white between her segments.
How can you tell if a female is gravid or just fat as hell?
I know you can keep this species communialy with enough food and space, but what kind of habitat do you suggest.
And how many would you suggest for a ten gallon aquareum?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Check out my enclosure for my H.spinifer. They are of comparable size and nearly identical environmental requirements.

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1126&highlight=kugellager

I have 3 5" adults in a 20 long though I could confortably have 5 or 6 in there. You could probably keep 2-3 in a ten gallon w/o too much elbow rubbing.

P.imperator(emperor) are fron the tropical jungles of central africa and like warm temps(85+/-) and high humidity(80%)

Check out steve55 site with invert care sheets.

http://www.invertcare.com

My setup uses the under gravel humidifying method. You might be able to see the tube that goes to the gravel in the rear on the left side of my spinifer pic. I add about a quart of water to it every week and heavily mist the enclosure as well. Most of the top is covered with plexiglass under the screen top to help keep the humidity up. All this keeps the humidity at about 80%+/- for an entire week.

John
];')

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you Kugellager.
I love your setups by the way, very nice looking.
I read all the information I could get my hands on.
As usual a good bit of it was both confusing and contradictory to each other. :)
But once you put together the points where they all touch on common ground it's ok.
Thanks again.
:)