questions about my pinktoes habbits

smackie

Arachnopeon
wow thats a beautiful setup.
i dont think i can put my tank on its side since theres a screen for the top, but im gonna look into getting a tank like that. i lovee the log in the back

first thing in the morning im gonna try my best to pluck all those damn crickets out. i tried already yesterday but i just found myself staring at an open tank with a cup in my hand

thank you everyone for all the great info. you helped a lotttttt

Tuwin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's a shot of my Pink Toe's Arboreal set ups...if it helps for more examples

gangbangbudz

Arachnopeon
pretty much ima be in charge of fixing this tank
what would i do about the top if i was gonna put the tank on its side?
btw i bought rosie in her tank as it was so im not responsible for this mess lol

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
pretty much ima be in charge of fixing this tank
what would i do about the top if i was gonna put the tank on its side?
btw i bought rosie in her tank as it was so im not responsible for this mess lol
Hey, I keep my adult Avics (pink toes) in a ten gallon turned on its side. What I did is go to Home Depot and have them custom cut plexi-glass to make a lid for it, and have them cut that into two pieces (so when the tank is on its side, one piece is the bottom the other is the top). I hot glued the bottom piece and the top piece is removeable and serves as the door. I just glued 3M hooks to the side of the tank and fastened ties to secure the removeable part of the door. It sounds complicated but its not. Just make sure you drill holes in the plexiglass for ventilation. I think I paid around 13 bucks for the plexiglass (custom cutting is free, just make sure you take the tank or the measurements).

Here is a picture of the plexiglass side so you can see what I mean. And a picture of another tank done the same way from the front view.

Attachments

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
As far as temperature, I keep my house cold also, and the Ts have been fine. I would also recommend (like the other posters) removing the spongy thing. She will happily web allover whatever other structure you put in there (cork bark is AWESOME). However, if that cave thing is spongy it is more than likely going to mold, and that would not be healthy for your new little one.

Congrats on your new T and welcome to the hobby! Avicularias are my absolute favorite, you have made an excellent decision for a starter :D

smackie

Arachnopeon
so my boyfriend fixed her tank about 5 days ago, put peatmoss in there and everything. but she never moves from that corner on the top. she hasnt even explored the branches or the cave she use to always be in
idk whats wrong with her
i thought she would be happier if i changed it :/
and she hasnt eaten anything in about a week

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's just fine. :) She'll build a tube web soon. You don't need to worry that much about feeding her, as long as her abdomen isn't shrunken or shriveled.

katschamne

Arachnopeon
Give her time, she'll be fine. I put my versi in a larger cage and she didn't like it. I then found a plastic jar at Dollar Tree and I drilled holes in it and put her in that ans she is a happy camper now. As she grows we give her a larger home. Our pink toe is in a half gallon round jar with coco fiber and moss with a piece of cork bark. We mist it's cage once a week and feed it only one cricket. If it eat like 10 crickets, it may be a while before it eats again. Wait a week and then try it again with only a cricket or two. If it doesn't eat it in a day pull out the crickets and wait till the following week. We have t's that haven't eaten in a couple of months. Once they molt, wait a while and then offer food. Just make sure that the T is harden before you offer food.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great answers!! I was worried too about my pink toe not eating for almost 3 weeks, even though the pet store said he had just eaten. He has built a web at the top and the peat moss works great! I keep track of temp and spray every few days. Good luck!!