question...

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are branches taken off an oak tree and put in an arboreal t's tank dangerous for them???

Risto

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet...cause i have a few medium sized branches in my new pinktoe's tank and i just wanted to be sure they weren't harmful.

Risto

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As long as the tree hasn't been sprayed for bugs, there should be no problem.
I wish we had more Oak trees around here. I have to drive to the mountains to see any in Az.

Last edited:

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you can borrow some out of my yard...its like a forest...there has to be like 10-15 oak trees in my yard (my yard is about an acre) and they all range from about 4 feet to like 30-50 feet tall..

Risto

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its sad when a tree lover lives in the desert.
But its cool when a T lover can collect T's 5 mins. from home.;P

Ernie

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bah...if there were only tarantulas that lived in corn fields!=D

Risto

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually branches off a tree outside could be dangerous if there are microscopic bugs or parastes or mites on the branch that you cant see, but if you are going to use them, i would put them in the freezer, and, im not sure what else, but do something to disinfect it, it could have something not good on it, but i'm sure it would be ok..
Mike

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i practically burnt my hands washing them in hot water lol...so maybe that killed the little buggies.

Risto

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Actually branches off a tree outside could be dangerous if there are microscopic bugs or parastes or mites on the branch that you cant see, but if you are going to use them, i would put them in the freezer, and, im not sure what else, but do something to disinfect it, it could have something not good on it, but i'm sure it would be ok..
Mike
Who disinfects their tree limbs in the wild? LOL
But, I agree with what your saying, it "could" be a problem. Yet there could be?

Ernie