Question?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
my friend just got a pinktoe, he has no room for it so he askesd me if it is ok to put it on top of his fridge, he says the temp is 75, any help? thanks,
James

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds appropriate to me. I've heard others mentioning that location for additional heat since it is usually a bit warmer up there. Anywhere in that range is acceptable from what I understand.

Botar

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only problems that might occur would be a) if the fridge tends to vibrate it may stress the T. Then again, it may not. I'm not sure how T's would handle consistent minor vibration. It would be something for him to observe though. The T may acclimate to it's surroundings just fine with it.
And b) just the fact that the enclosure is high up increases the risk of an accident. (dropping the tank etc.)
I don't think the risks are too horrible. As long as he was aware of what they are. Again, that way he can be more observant of the T and the effects of it's environment on it.
Oh, 75 degrees is not really too low but a couple or so degrees warmer in the day wouldn't be a bad idea.
Hope that helps some.

Atrax

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got my White knee on my office T.V... And its calm as ever. The T.V's always on, I dont really look at it much, but its on.

E.T