Question Re: Incubating eggs

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So i was having a discussion with my friend
and she says that no matter if i pull the egg sac, open it and pour it onto a incubator OR jsut incubate the egg sac

that rotating the eggs is nescessary.
I thought if the eggs are left inside the sac that you would have to rotate.

Am i getting something wrong here?

I've done a lot of research and nothing is really mentioned about rotating the eggs if i pour the eggs out of the sac and onto the incubator..

:confused:

anyways if u have to "turn" the eggs... how often do u do it in a day?

HOW DO U GUYS INCUBATE?
:wall:
:worship:

thank you

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Teh rotation process is needed so the sperm mixes with the eggs and actually fertilize them.
The spider lays a "goo" of eggs and sperm. In the eggsack everything gets mixed up.

If you pull the eggsack too soon, you need to rotate the eggsack several times a day to make sure all the eggs get fertilized.

Generally is better to leave the eggsack with the mom for a good 2 or 3 weeks before consider pulling it. Once the eggsack is propperly fertilized, then you can open the sack and with propper warmth and humid conditions, the eggs will develop into eggs with legs.
Depending on the specie, it could take a good month to get them to molt, and another 3 or 4 weeks for 2nd instar. In that time, you need to separate them or they might eat each other.

Basically explained ;)

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks fran
well it's g.rosea eggs on thursday it will be 21 days since she made the sac.

I'll leave them for another week or so since g.roseas are sloooooooooooooooow growers

thank you
:)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rotating also keeps the eggs from sticking together.