question on African trapdoor

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
on Friday I went and got my first African trapdoor spider now when I got her, her trapdoor looked normal in the pet shops enclosure but when I put her in her new enclosure she found a corner and dug her tunnel the only thing is it doesn't look right if anyone could could give me any advice it would be appreciated :) IMG_0548.JPG image.jpg image.jpg

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't worry about it, she knows what she's doing better than we do! It may just take some time to adjust, and make a proper burrow.

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
I wouldn't worry about it, she knows what she's doing better than we do! It may just take some time to adjust, and make a proper burrow.
True :) looks like I just have to play the waiting game to see what she does haha

Ran

Arachnoknight
I have an African trapdoor just like yours that I've had for 2 years. The burrow is normal. When she gets her fill of food you might not see her for a few months at a time. Very hardy species, make sure to keep her substrate moist at all times. Enjoy :)

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
I have an African trapdoor just like yours that I've had for 2 years. The burrow is normal. When she gets her fill of food you might not see her for a few months at a time. Very hardy species, make sure to keep her substrate moist at all times. Enjoy :)
Yeah I've put crickets in there that have walked all around her door she's probably not hungry yet still settling in aha

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah I've put crickets in there that have walked all around her door she's probably not hungry yet still settling in aha
She might be waiting until you leave. They are incredibly sensitive to even the smallest vibrations, so every time you open the door, enter the room, walk around, or open her enclosure, she is aware of a very large potential predator lurking just outside her door. If she's like mine, she'll wait until you're safely gone before emerging to eat. I hardly ever saw mine the entire time I had her.

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
She might be waiting until you leave. They are incredibly sensitive to even the smallest vibrations, so every time you open the door, enter the room, walk around, or open her enclosure, she is aware of a very large potential predator lurking just outside her door. If she's like mine, she'll wait until you're safely gone before emerging to eat. I hardly ever saw mine the entire time I had her.
Oh wow that's crazy! So if I just leave it in there it won't bug her? Thank you for the information I appreciate it :)