Question about trading inverts

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When two people do a trade in inverts, is the trade typically worked out like two six year-olds on the playground swapping Yu-Gi-Oh cards, or is it more typical to use price lists to work out a "market equitable" trade?

I've got multiples of many of slings in the hopes of getting a female, but any extra females I hope to use for furthering this habit, er, hobby and wanted to know what the established etiquette is.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I've never had a reason to give any of mine up, so I can't speak from personal experience. However, I'd imagine it would largely depend on needs, and wants of the other person trading (and you for what they have that you want). Since there is no Beckett Tarantula guide, I guess it's a pretty personal deal.

Bill

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm new to the hobby but I would pretty much treat it like comic books, basball cards or guns when dealing with another enthusiast. Take into account the highlights of the Items for trade and any of the defects and negotiate till an amicable agreement can be reached or until someone takes their offer(s) off the table. Making it a straight trade of T's or a mix of T's and cash. I guess it depends on the people involved and what kind of relationship they have too. Is it an all business relationship or are you frielndy enthusiasts trying to work an equally beneficial agreement out of a common interest in the hobby possibly conducting more trades in the future.

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I agree....I've done it mostly by negotiation..until both parties are satisfied with the trade they are doing. I won't do trades unless everyone is completely happy with what they are getting.
I've traded a bunch of slings to dealers for both cash, and just trading them for a sling or two of an expensive species as well.
Holley

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CM,

I recently did a trade with a dealer and we worked it out via price lists. We determined a price for what I had to offer and made the trade via his price list.

Botar

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not again !

I tried the trade thing and let me tell you it didn't work out at all !! so from now on i think i will just deal with dealers...
Wouldn't of been so bad but a little H gigas died in the situation !

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: not again !

Originally posted by ceaser68
I tried the trade thing and let me tell you it didn't work out at all !! so from now on i think i will just deal with dealers...
Wouldn't of been so bad but a little H gigas died in the situation !
yeah , that was a bummer!