Question about substrate

ragnarok

Arachnopeon
I got my Haplopelma lividum about 5 months ago I enjoy her very much, I had a cage set up by the pet store 20gallon glass with screen on top.Recently I just changed the substrate with coco fiber I put a hole in the soil but she wont burrow.What is the best to use?I heard of peat moss and vermiculite blend I dont know what that is or where to get it? I looked and looked can someone tell me the brand name of each they used with picture would really help Thanks.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got my Haplopelma lividum about 5 months ago I enjoy her very much, I had a cage set up by the pet store 20gallon glass with screen on top.Recently I just changed the substrate with coco fiber I put a hole in the soil but she wont burrow.What is the best to use?I heard of peat moss and vermiculite blend I dont know what that is or where to get it? I looked and looked can someone tell me the brand name of each they used with picture would really help Thanks.
You can get both peat and vermiculite at chain hardware stores ( Lowes,Home Depot, etc.) or any lawn and garden store. I usually mix 2/3 peat to 1/3 vermiculite.

Just make sure its organic and not from Miracle gro. Although Miracle gro claims their product is organic it is still packaged in the same fertilizer, plant food plant their other products are.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
my H. lividum hated anything, but straight peat moss. She also usually took about 48 hrs to find her spot and then within a few days, yeah pet hole again lol.