Question about RAID/insecticide sprays

PoeciIotheria

Pokie Collector
Classifieds User
Last night, I discovered an ant infestation hoarding on an old bone my dog had hidden in my bedroom. In a panic, I carelessly grabbed the RAID for ants & roaches and sprayed once onto a pile of the buggers. My T's are located in the living room which my bedroom is directly connected to via a short hallway+door I sprayed once directly onto the floor and it was a very small spritz (the diameter of the puddle was like 3-3.5 inches). I wiped it up immediately after I realized what I did and proceeded to vacuum everything up. I placed an air purifier next to the area just in case as well. The perfume (lemon) smell only got as far as the immediate vicinity of the bedroom.

I looked up for related threads and found a really informative one where a person who was researching pesticides and its efficacy on ants said that the chemicals in RAID aren't particularly volatile so as long as it used judiciously (as in not in the same room or directly on the T's) there shouldn't be an issue...Should I be concerned?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Could you elaborate? What should I not be cross contaminating
When you spray insecticides in a room, it goes into the air and lands on everything. Be sure that if you’re touching things in the room you sprayed, wash your hands after, before messing with your T’s, feeding, etc...

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Just be careful. Don't assume your hands can't spread things around.
I have three dogs that get topical flea treatment. They sleep in my bed.
I only do feedings after I'm showered. I won't even touch my tongs or pick up an enclosure if I've been petting them.

PoeciIotheria

Pokie Collector
Classifieds User
When you spray insecticides in a room, it goes into the air and lands on everything. Be sure that if you’re touching things in the room you sprayed, wash your hands after, before messing with your T’s, feeding, etc...
Ah i understand yeah that makes sense, thank you for clarifying

PoeciIotheria

Pokie Collector
Classifieds User
Just be careful. Don't assume your hands can't spread things around.
I have three dogs that get topical flea treatment. They sleep in my bed.
I only do feedings after I'm showered. I won't even touch my tongs or pick up an enclosure if I've been petting them.
For sure yeah

I see you didn’t spray very much and the risk of transfer is low, but like @DomGom TheFather stated. Just be mindful when dealing with pesticides.
Yeah I totally understand. Gonna be more mindful of that. I've already been pretty strict about washing my hands before and after every T interaction, so I think I might just wash all my sheets and everything and all my clothes.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I totally understand. Gonna be more mindful of that. I've already been pretty strict about washing my hands before and after every T interaction, so I think I might just wash all my sheets and everything and all my clothes.
For future ant infestations, assuming they are one of the typical species, use Terro liquid ant bait. I've used it right near my inverts and no issues.
This is because it is not a spray, its a liquid with borax and some other ingredients inside. They eat it, distribute it to the colony, and then die 24 to 48 hours later.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anything can happen- they may live, die, develop DKS etc