Question about my desert hairy burying itself

brittneyvolcom

Arachnopeon
I recently have put a lot more sand in my desert hairy scorpion's tank because she loves to dig and make tunnels. When she digs sometimes the entrance to the hole she dug collapses and then I don't know where she is. My question being, can she get herself out of the sand okay? I didn't know if they're okay being buried and still live. I always dig her out because I didn't know if she could suffocate or something. If you could help me out so I'm reassured and not worrying about my scorpion all the time that would be awesome. Thanks!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They can dig themselves out of any situation they get themselves into. If you are haveing a hard time holding the borrow together use a little bit of excavator sand. A 1:1 mixture would work great. You can pick it up a petsmart, petco, whatever in the reptile care section. Add water and then let it dry. It will hold a borrow much better.

brittneyvolcom

Arachnopeon
They can dig themselves out of any situation they get themselves into. If you are haveing a hard time holding the borrow together use a little bit of excavator sand. A 1:1 mixture would work great. You can pick it up a petsmart, petco, whatever in the reptile care section. Add water and then let it dry. It will hold a borrow much better.
Thanks! I'll try that.