Question about molting problem

Arachnid66

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

i have a Brazilian whiteknee who "appears" to have damaged pedipalps after a molt that just took place minutes ago, right now its hard to see to make sure, and if it does look damaged ill take pictures...

my question is this, for females, they're mainly food handling devices i believe... how would damaged pedis affect eating?

:?

thanks!

Arachnid66

Arachnopeon
small update...

it appears her Pedis are very swollen and large on the ends... i checked her casing and the pedis on the casings are completely hollow... no severed limbs stuck within... and both Pedis are practically identical.

reading around... maybe this is a sign its a male? i was under the assumption the male was much smaller though. how big do the male white knees get?

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
reading around... maybe this is a sign its a male? i was under the assumption the male was much smaller though. how big do the male white knees get?
Yep, sounds like a male. Should also be "hooks" on the tibia of both front legs. Find that boy a girlfriend. :D

Sorry, no idea how big males of this species can get.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they can get quite big, a friend of mine had a male mature at over six inches. post a pic and we can be sure. also, mature males have longer legs compared to the females and hooks.

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does it have hooks as well? Certianly sounds like you have a boy.