Question about how to organize T's

Octa

Arachnosquire
Ok
I was just wondering how other keepers organize their T's and do you keep the temperature of all your T's in the room the same?
So far I got a P.irminia,G.rosea,G.pulchra,A.Avicularia,B.albopilosum,C.Elegans and a P.Imperator.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i don't ahve them organized in any specific order, but in my room i have 4 ten gallons in a row p. imperator first, g. rosea, l. parahybana, obt. and i have my h. lividum in a 5 gall on top of a small bookshelf. gonna move my t's in the 10s to this really cool shelf i got. looks like it was made for 4 ten galls :)

OlBoyT

Arachnopeon
I have a notebook with all my T's info in it from molt dates-fed dates-maintenance dates and other info like when I received them size an blah blah. I have all my cages coded with perm marker i.e. T2= my 2nd terrestrial tank or A1= 1st arboreal tank. I use these numbers in my notebook so I know whos living where and I know who they are cuz I name all my Ts.

I keep the ones who enjoy heat a little more near my heater vents.

heatfreakk3

Arachnopeon
Right now I only have two T's, a B.smithi, and a N.chromatus. I keep them in plastic tubs by each other, and have a name plate on either of them, saying their full scientific name, and their common name. I'm thinking of starting to document everything in a journal... but havent yet. I keep lots and lots of poison dart frogs, and I have a large journal that I record everything for them in, I might get another one for T's so since I'm getting into them. I dont mean to hijack this thread, but OlBoyT would you mind maybe posting a few pictures of your journal so I know how you set yours up?

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a notebook with all my T's info in it from molt dates-fed dates-maintenance dates and other info like when I received them size an blah blah. I have all my cages coded with perm marker i.e. T2= my 2nd terrestrial tank or A1= 1st arboreal tank. I use these numbers in my notebook so I know whos living where and I know who they are cuz I name all my Ts.

I keep the ones who enjoy heat a little more near my heater vents.
!

+1 I decided to start one of these about 5 days ago, for my 1 Avic Avic, and listed my 2 G. Pulchripes I will have on Monday.

OlBoyT

Arachnopeon
Srry heat I dont have a digi camera just yet. Ill try my best typing it out. I need to hurry up though so im do my best.

I have a 5 subject notebook. Subject 1- Random info and reminders more of a scribble page. Subject 2- My Arboreals Subject 3- My Terrestrial Subject 4- My Burrowers (whats proper name?) Subject 5- Feed dates

Then I have 5 pages (not counting back of page but I write on front an back) dedicated to 1 of my Ts. So here is how it looks.

(Line 1)- Name: Booger

(Top right of page)- OW for Old World

(line2)- Species Name: Cyriopagopus Schioedtei, Malaysian Earth Tiger, (amongst other commonly called names) I use 4 lines for names.

Under Species Name I have this info on same line- Received: Seller: Size: Country of Origin: Sex:? ____ (I fill in as time passes along)

Then on next line- Temp: Humidity: Spec Care: (I use 2 lines for this section)

Then I record molt dates. Date/ Size/ Approx time till finish/ Other
(I use 10 lines for this.)

Then House # (I use 2 lines in case of rehousing needs)

Story: date blah blah I can put in info I think that is important

K then subject 5 I record when they fed and if I seen it feed. My Ts all have a name and tank # so I know whos ate what and also I record total food they ate for that month.

grayhound

Arachnosquire
records keeper

Check out Exotic Record's Keeper 2.0...... It is a free download program on the net. It is REALLY cool!!!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Niiiice setup!, xhexdx!! I'm limited to what I can fit in my bedroom - Most on work area and top of roll top desk, others on dresser.

I do keep a loose leaf notebook with dividers to document feedings, molts, etc.

TreeGuy

Arachnopeon
Check out Exotic Record's Keeper 2.0...... It is a free download program on the net. It is REALLY cool!!!
Cool program, just checked it out.
I think this will replace my awkward spreadsheets and hand written journals:clap:

Octa

Arachnosquire
Temperature ranges

Hi
I was wondering how everybody keeps their T's organized and do you keep the
Temperature in the room the same for all the T's?
I have a heat pad on the side of the shelf because the temperature in my room
is usually 72 F *with the heat pad it goes up to 80F*.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
re: heat
My tiniest slings are in vials which then sit on about 3" of substrate in a 5 gal tank with a heat plate on the bottom. Some burrow down to the bottom of their vials, others stay on top. Juvies and adults have to deal with room temps in the house which range from 68 - 74^F, dependent on season and time of day. The juvies do sit on top of the scorpion tank which is heated, so they may have a negotiable slight increase above room temp.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I have a heated room with space heaters I t's with higher temperature needs on top shelves.and t's with lowertemp needs closer to the ground. Because I found if I set my space heaters to 85 f towards the top of the room I hits about 87 -90 f and towards the bottom it stay between 75 - 78. So I keep theraposa at top shelf and ponies at bottom and all other t's in the mid. Because it stay between 80-82 f perf for all others.use a temp gun play around i'll save money on heating and. For hum I use a home built whole house humidifier. Set to 80 with vents pointed at top shelves. Keeps the upper shelf at about 90% and the rest of the room at 75-80%. Works good for me my room is 12 x 9.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
did you loose a gecko? looks like there is a lizard (dont look like any spider I ever saw {D) in that tub with opened lid
Leopard gecko, hehe. He can't get out of there, and was curious what I was doing.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For the most part I keep my slings downstairs where it is warmer, to help them grow up. Feeders are down there too, to keep them breeding. Most juvies and adults, regardless of species, hang out upstairs where things are cooler (70-72) to help them last longer. The only tank that gets special heating considerations apart from that is the Pandinus enclosure which has a heat-lamp on one side.

Den

Arachnosquire
I keep my sub-adult g. rosea and h. spinifer in tanks labeled with species markers and my 2 in. juvie OBT in a small KK with the same label.