question about baby emperors

cul3one104

Arachnopeon
Hi,

My baby emperors got off the back of the mother and their color is light brown. I put the babies in another tank and I want to know what should I feed them. Thank you

Dwight

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You have (at least) two options. Option number one is to get some suitably sized prey items. One of the advantage of emps is that even the little guys can deal with pinheads. So just grab some pinheads and dump them in. Option number two is to take some larger crickets and rip their heads off. Then leave the carcases to be scavanged on.

Cheers,
Dave

cul3one104

Arachnopeon
thanks

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I want to know if I can feed them wax worms. By the way, they can kill the pin heads? I also want to know is that a good idea to put them in a different container when they are light brown? Is it safe?

Dwight

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Dwight,

Waxworms are big, so you'd have to kill them first. Other than that, they could make fine prey items for young scorpions.

Once they start to darken, they are pretty self-reliant. They can easily kill pinheads if they can catch them. Catching them can be tricky. The 1/2 body size rule still applies, so as long as the prey item fits that boundary, you should have no problem.

Cheers,
Dave

cul3one104

Arachnopeon
Dave,

I just want to say thanks a lot for the help. I feed them headless large crickets and I checked this morning that they ate everything. It seems fine to me and I'll just keep doing that. Once again... Thanks for your help.

Dwight

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Dwight,

No worries. That's why they pay me the big bucks. :D

Cheers,
Dave