question about A. seemanni

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know that it is a new world species so it has urticating hair. My A. seemanni sometimes would scrub the 2 hind legs against the abdomine to send out hair, but she doesn't have hair to send out. Why is this? Just like a normal A. seemanni, mine isn't hairy at all. What's the point of rubbing the hind legs against the abdomine if there is no hair to let lose?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How can your spider not have any hair? Is it already bald from previously flivking lots of hair?

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She has hair, just not highly concentrated and the hair are really short. May be mine is a mutant or something. When ever she tries to flick some hair, I always try to see the hair but could never see them.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Or buy soimne Propecia and grind it into powder and coat your crickets in it.

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
see her fresh after a molt, you'll see the hair and if you get close enough, you might feel it a little too. lol If you are saying her abdomen is bald or the hair is not as concentrated in that area, it is because she has kicked and kicked and kicked. many T's will line their burrow in urticating hairs, so it is not just used when directly threatened.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have also tried looking for urticating hair right after a molt. Could never find any. My other Ts are fine. She has hair, but just not the kind of hair that would go lose and irritate people.